after formatting sd no longer works

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nyquilpinchess, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010
  1. nyquilpinchess
    OP

Newcomer nyquilpinchess Newbie

United States
    so i got my acekard 2i(from 5thdimension) was all happy about it... ripped the sdcard out the r4 i have loved for years and put it in my computer. loaded akaio 1.6rc1 on it played games... decided to make my own theme(failed at it) decided that i should format the sdcard just to give it a fresh start after the r4.

pop it in my MAC(this is where i think the problems is) went to disk utility and formatted it MS-DOS that i am lead to believe is FAT32

put the needed files back on the card load the three games i want on it on it put it back in the ds and BAM! it says system file missing....

i messed around with it for HOURS trying to figure out what i was doing wrong.... finally.. i took a 1gig.. oh the one i was tyring to use is a2gig sandisk microSD...
    i took a older 1gig i have that came with my phone.. loaded the same exact akaio1.6rc1 i was trying to use on the 2gig on to the 1gig and it works perfectly

sooo now im believing that its somthing to do with the mac formatting the card that has done this??

also i know grammar has never been a strong point for me

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    1. 1.6RC1 is outdated. Use 1.6RC2.
    2. Try formatting again with a Windows PC.

3. nyquilpinchess
    OP

United States
    i just got back on the computer and saw that there is a update so i tryed using that and same thing.. it works on the 1gig but not the 2gig..

i just tryed to format it using windows (xp) right clicked on my computer>manage>disk managment> the sdcard

but it wont let me select format... i did just notice that it says "healthy(GPT Protective Partition)" could that be causing the problem?

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  5. nyquilpinchess
    OP

United States