Affiliate programs/Rewards scheme?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking, what if each GBAtemp member has their own, unique referral link to ShopTemp?
The more customers they attract say, they could get some benefits here at GBAtemp or even from Shoptemp, say like some discounts or some free goodies.

Or even, just a way for ShopTemp purchases to show up on your GBAtemp profile, to show you've bought something.

It could bring some liveliness to this new shopTemp venture, it could even act like a sort of "gift" thing here on GBAtemp, buy using a fellow temper's referral link so they can benefit from your purchase.

It would have to involve linking your GBAtemp account to a shoptemp account if possible.

I mean these are just ideas, what do you think?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes - but the databases for each are separate and it'd take a while to set up like that.
But it would be a neat idea.

Dopply

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool idea, but I was under the assumption while both are under the 'Temp Network', they are, in fact, separate entities in their own right, with separate management.

Regardless, it'd be quite awesome to see something like this come to fruition.
laugh.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dopply said:
Very cool idea, but I was under the assumption while both are under the 'Temp Network', they are, in fact, separate entities in their own right, with separate management.

Regardless, it'd be quite awesome to see something like this come to fruition.
laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure Filetrip is under GBAtemp,only Shoptemp isn't

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
these refferal links will just be thrown in every post here then
Still kinda goes with the idea of "gifting" to a member here by buying from their link though.

There's more places around the internet that discuss flashcarts beyond GBAtemp. GameFAQs used to have rampant R4 discussion actually.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) Shoptemp and Gbatemp cannot be connected through any means cos it would start up legal problems in the future, so we wouldn't be able to link the accounts (Costello even said that we can't be linked back through accounts so better not..)

2) No, people will just spam referals or some shit to get free goodies or discounts, there will be a new wave of n00bs flooding in, spamming their referral links for a discount or some shit..

Horrible Idea

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
2) No, people will just spam referals or some shit to get free goodies or discounts, there will be a new wave of n00bs flooding in, spamming their referral links for a discount or some shit..
Well obviously you don't give any points or credits just for clicks, but for actual purchases.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
1) Shoptemp and Gbatemp cannot be connected through any means cos it would start up legal problems in the future, so we wouldn't be able to link the accounts (Costello even said that we can't be linked back through accounts so better not..)

Horrible Idea
Agreed.
1. For this site's and your own safety, this can not be done.
2. Referral links are as annoying as shit no matter where they're posted. GBAtemp shouldn't be part of the same crowd as lock.erz and such.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of play-asia's affiliate system, non-obtrusive links that simply direct you to the website, which doesn't even pressure you into registering.

Well it was just a suggestion anyway.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Searinox tempBOT:
    Searinox has left the room.
  • Costello @ Costello:
    filthy europeans
  • Costello @ Costello:
    mighty asians
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Recovering lost partitions sucks ass
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Attempting to recover a 2tb worth of movies and this 320 weirdly won't initialize
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    huraay for keeping backups
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    huraay for that backup drive being the issue back up a back up of a
    back ups :teach:
    if only you could encode the backup in your DNA and carry it with you
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    In 20 years we'll probably have micro sd cards implants in our heads
    microsd?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I'd be okay with getting my brain taken out and replaced with one as long as its not intel or apple
    shiet get on with the time grampa, we're using picoSD now
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Only the most important humans will have nvme installed in their head
  • _Shimon @ _Shimon:
    oh shit this exists
  • Arras @ Arras:
    wait this is where the shoutbox went?
  • Adran_Marit @ Adran_Marit:
    What are everyone's
    thoughts on gpu prices atm?
  • Arras @ Arras:
    high
    lol yes they are high, mate of mine just got a 1080 for $700 AUD
    second hand which is nuts as when the 3070 came out here that's how much it was new at the time
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I
    f you have tech that can decently run games don't buy anything yet wait a year or two
    I just got a core build upgrade, minus gpu due to price, will be running my GTX780 until I can afford an upgrade
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Prices are up because of bots and
    shortages it'll die down with a year or two
    Yeah I imagine there will be a short period where prices are low then the next series will come out and low and behold have high prices again
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Today's games look just fine at 1080 with decent 60fos unless you have disposable income it's not really worth it
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Probably won't be that long until theirs 4k capable apus around $400
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Probably won't be that long until theirs 4k capable apus around $400