Translation advice for modding unity-based games?

freakscene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basically: explain to me like im 5

i have almost no prior experience with modding other than some programming classes in high school which really went over my head lol, but ive been wanting to make what is essentially a translation mod for the steam port of the game "the silver case". i have the asset files for the script and dialogue of the game, and im wanting to go into the txt files and edit the text, and put it back into the game as a mod. i found an obscure guide online for the ps4 version of the game, which starts off essentially the same as pc but uses the .psarc format rather than something like .dll. essentially i want to edit the text, and repack those assets into a modified assembly-csharp.dll (i think is the name unless im misremembering) which im having a hard time finding advice for online, unless im looking in the wrong places. hopefully this makes sense, im happy to provide more explanation if it doesnt hah

any help is greatly appreciated ^^

whyvev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use UABE to export and import.

texts for TheSilverCase is in resources.assets, not assembly-csharp.dll( the only time you'll need to modify the dlls is when you try to translate the names popping out for every character)

And this site has some debug information
projectsilver.free.fr

Last edited by whyvev,

freakscene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just use UABE to export and import.

texts for TheSilverCase is in resources.assets, not assembly-csharp.dll( the only time you'll need to modify the dlls is when you try to translate the names popping out for every character)

And this site has some debug information
projectsilver.free.fr
you're a lifesaver, ty! the site you linked seems to be made by the same person i found the guide i mentioned in my original post, so im not entirely sure how i didnt stumble upon it during my research but it helps nonetheless! and luckily i can read french too hah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.