Adventure RPG game 'Dark Envoy' to launch later this year

dark envoy.JPG

Developer Event Horizon and publisher Asmodee Digital announced today that they will partner for the launch of Dark Envoy later this year. This upcoming title, playable in single-player mode or in online co-op with up to 2 players, is described as a "Guns N' Sorcery RPG-adventure" with tactical real-time combat mechanics. It will also feature a non-linear story progression. A new trailer was aired for today's announcement:

In Dark Envoy, the players embody Malakai and Kaela, two children of war refugees. They are living the day-to-day life of adventurers as they seek ancient relics and forgotten places. Soon they too will have to learn how to survive in the chaos of war, as blood and tragedy will mark the beginning of their true journey.

Dark Envoy is slated for a release sometime in 2022 on PC (Steam & GOG) and consoles.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully single player mode means offline single player mode. I don't like how these rpg games are tending to be pushed to being online to play them. i know im not like everyone but i dont want to play rpgs with other people. i want to experience the rpgs in a single player mode that i dont have to be online for.

Emperor_Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully single player mode means offline single player mode. I don't like how these rpg games are tending to be pushed to being online to play them. i know im not like everyone but i dont want to play rpgs with other people. i want to experience the rpgs in a single player mode that i dont have to be online for.
Sounds like offline singleplayer, I don't see anything to suggest it'd be online.

What I miss is the local co-op these days. Feels like you hardly get it for anything but classical beat 'em ups/run n' guns and roguelikes, which while good genres, I'd like to see it in other stuff.

Segger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only game that makes sense with getting away with online singleplayer are the soulsborne(ring?) games.

I don't really see anything that suggests it would be online but in the age of game companies demanding you buy the latest thing and refusing to entertain the idea that older games or consoles are worth your time (unless it's a new remaster) I wouldn't put it past anyone

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
What I miss is the local co-op these days. Feels like you hardly get it for anything but classical beat 'em ups/run n' guns and roguelikes, which while good genres, I'd like to see it in other stuff.
would also love to see couch co-op in this title! Having the option to play co-op online or in couch mode would go a long way. Loved It Takes Two and we need more games like this!

Reactions: Emperor_Norton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F