Gaming Advanced Wars DS 2!!!!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the idea of units leveling up but I'm willing to bet this is going to end up like Fire Emblem where I'll just keep using the strongest units first. Nonetheless, I'm not too sad that the style has taken a turn for the darker considering the fact that I thought the Advance Wars games were generally a bit too jolly for the subject.

CannonBallZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank God that they changed it. The older ones are a joke when it comes to art style.
wrong.
+1

Advance Wars had great art and it's sad to see it go. I can only assume it was to appeal to the XBox generation.

It depresses me that developers seem to think that realism is the way to go. Personally I enjoy games way more when it feels like I'm controlling a cartoon. Viewtiful Joe/Loco Roco spring to mind and I'd say the experience is enhanced by quirky graphics.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget: the intro to AW:DS was fucking spectacular (aka it should of been longer and more amazing). Now what we'll see is how crappy 3d graphics on the ds compared to glorious pixel art (refering to the battle scenes which I disable).

Oh yeah, now we'll probably see pre-rendered cut-scenes instead of cinematic ones and intros.

summary: I don't like the realistic make-over (rather very unrealistic with it's jagged edges of 3d-unawesomeness).

1192492874.gif

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea im liking the new style, but i just wanted to know what happen to the other characters, like did they die or something? O Wifi FTW and Friends Code FTL!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I like the new look. It seems advanced wars is entering its own 'red alert' phase.
Why didn't they call it "Red Alert DS" then? And leave the Advance Wars series cute and cuddly
unsure.gif

Okay, so the game will still rock, because gameplay is more important than graphics, but teh ugly is still gonna bug me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la