Gaming Advance Wars DOR Preservation Thread

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well the Wi-Fi network is going down in a months time, :cry: which brings up a serious issue, (forget multiplayer & highscore for a minute)...Downloadable Content for DS is no longer accessible, and will be lost forever.

just off the top of my head the most devastating i can think of is
Advance Wars - Days of Ruin,
and Mario Vs Donkey Kong. well for M-VS-DK, Two of the games are Fracked, "MvsDK 2 march of the minis" seems to not have user-generated levels available at all. "MvsDK Minis March Again", is DSiware only, so multiple save files wont work:nayps3: . Haven't dived into "Mini Land Mayhem" yet though, so i got some downloadin to do.

im going to spend every spare second of the next month constantly downloading Advance Wars Battle Maps. this is a call to arms, WHOS WITH ME. seeing as you cannot search particular maps, and only have the option of RANDOM and RECOMMENDED, then ill just have to download on multiple save files, on multiple copies.

most Flashcarts have the option to switch save files in the menu, 0-9. you can get a cheap 4gb MicroSD for like $6 at radio shack, which would hold like 100 copies of Advance Wars, renamed AW1.nds, AW2.nds, AW3.nds etc. and at 9 save files per game, and 50 maps per save file, we should be able to get a complete database of user created maps, even if they are randomly downloaded.

sure there will be some overlap, but theres not enough time to check every single map for quality control or duplicates, better to just download as many maps as possible before nintendo's deadline, then sort it out later.

i will post my save files here and in GHANMI's thread after the shutdown happens, and then when i get time, i might write down every single map name in Microsoft Word to get a list.

Reactions: GHANMI

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Then you can post anything you have (save files) in my thread here, since I collected already quite a bit of saves.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/preserving-ds-saves-with-the-dlc-flags-unlocked.362667
I'm aiming to get all versions (European, American, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Italian, ...)
The list of lost games is huge, it includes the Layton/Solatorobo/Final Fantasy/... and the to-do list is not even complete.
I doubt anyone will go through all of the DS releases and do all the saves for all the roms sadly

About Advance Wars you can focus on the Nintendo made maps and then the top recommanded ones because the user-generated content is almost endless.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then you can post anything you have (save files) in my thread here, since I collected already quite a bit of saves.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/preserving-ds-saves-with-the-dlc-flags-unlocked.362667
I'm aiming to get all versions (European, American, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Italian, ...)
The list of lost games is huge, it includes the Layton/Solatorobo/Final Fantasy/... and the to-do list is not even complete.
I doubt anyone will go through all of the DS releases and do all the saves for all the roms sadly

i will, but it wont be until after the shutdown. right now im in constant Download Mode to get as many content as i can. ill look at the other games later too. Advance Wars is just the most daunting task.

some of them are easy, like Jet Impulse, which has only 7 bonus planes and 3 slots, so its what, like 6 save files to get all the combinations.

also i think you can trade content over different regions by using 2 DS's and 2 Flashcarts. so ill just focus on quantity for now, and maybe after the shutdown create different regional savefiles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)