Hardware Advance wars 2 freezing

indeep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi .
Ive a problem. let me explain, i own a gba with cyclo mini ds.
When i tried to load advance wars 2, it freezes in the start menu, every single time. i have tried to solve the problem but no luk.
(ive try to put another firmware in the cart, tried also two soft (supercart, cyclods rom patcher).
So i have this idea (not shure if its going to solve) ive played the same game in the VBA and the game works just fine, but i was wonder if i can get a save file from VBA to load in GBA (is it possible) because in GBA the game loads until the start menu and if i can get a save file i can also get it to load the game before it reaches the start menu.

Firtermish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wait.. let me get this right.. you own an original copy of Advance Wars 2 and you're using a Cyclo DS to launch it ?

Dude.. in that case.. the solution is just getting your Cyclo DS out of the DS... and voila.. your ds will recognize your GBA game and let you boot it.

If what you mean is that you're trying to boot Advance Wars 2 on your Cyclo DS... then forget it , Slot 1 cards don't boot Slot 2 games ( GBA games ). You'll have to buy a slot 2 flash cart in order to play a gba backup on a ds.

If I got this wrong , please try to make a more accurate description of your problem. If not , don't thank me , you're most welcome ! =)

indeep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well probably my fault but i do not own a ds...i have the cart that says /Mini cyclo ds/ and i play with a GBA.
The problem is in the game that do not load into gba.

Firtermish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
From what I remember Slot 2 Cyclo DS were Super Card clones... so I guess it should work.

Maybe This cart is not compatible with GBA ? According to CycloDS forums :

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190

" The CycloDS Micro and Mini are already available. The CycloDS Evolution and Mini or Micro combination will prove invaluable to users because you’ll be able to play NDS games with all the advanced features provided by CycloDS Evolution, as well as playing GBA games and using the Opera Web Browser. ".

So yeah, nowhere it is stated that it should work with a GBA.. though I guess there shouldn't be a reason for it not to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length