Hacking Adrenaline v4 Released!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
White pstv and white dual shocks, i didn't know those existed, is there white ps3 too? :O

So then it should be possible on psvita since it supports dual shock on adrenaline now right?

ps3_white_01.jpg

There is also phat and super slim White PS3.

Last edited by aos10,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like my framerate takes a hit when playing PS1 games on adrenaline...anyone else experience this? It feels a bit sluggish. Constant framerate hiccups. Minor but still....

Reactions: MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like my framerate takes a hit when playing PS1 games on adrenaline...anyone else experience this? It feels a bit sluggish. Constant framerate hiccups. Minor but still....

That is an issue in v4, go back to v3 and compare for yourself.

Unborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So guys, i made a post on v3 topic about a game that was getting stuck on loading screen (Road Rash 2d) i managed to make the game load, i just changed the Disk load speed, it was normal i changed to fast and voalá, the game load just fine
If anyone else is having trouble with a game getting stuck on loading screen, just change Disk load speed.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So v3 is better for ps1 than v4?
Considering the updates was pushed out in short time periods after it was just made possible, i would assume there would be problems with the frequent updates between each of them. In some cases, constant changes was made could have caused problems with the "fixes" So perhaps it is true.

Fact is rhythm games is impossible, audio is not in sync with visual, but there is a series of games not required by such trivial things that can be played. (RPG) Of course the rhythm game i tried was not a official psn made game, instead was made with the psx to psp tool.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fact is rhythm games is impossible, audio is not in sync with visual, but there is a series of games not required by such trivial things that can be played. (RPG) Of course the rhythm game i tried was not a official psn made game, instead was made with the psx to psp tool.
I'd assume that some rhythm games do work.
V4 is rushed and buggy. Use V3.1 until 4.x is fixed
What exactly is buggy about it? cause using an actual psvita and not a pstv i haven't noticed anything off.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd assume that some rhythm games do work.
Well to be specific the one i tried was Bust a Groove 2 (JAP) The fact music was not sync with audio, is not completely reliable. But since it was one unofficial game, i cannot rule out is adrenaline fault. A better way to test for issues would maybe be, comparing official downloads to unofficial build images. (Compare a game downloaded from psn to one made with a ps1 converter) :unsure:

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
What exactly is buggy about it? cause using an actual psvita and not a pstv i haven't noticed anything off.

Well, V4 introduced frame drops on multiple titles i.e (Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy 9) due to new scaling options that can't be disabled (vanilla scaling is not available). For a lot of users that is a deal breaker compared to V3, were these issues didn't occur.

Hopefully, because of it being open source, other devs can contribute towards improving it, so for now, a large majority have switched back to V3 and also using Retroarch for some of the games that don't work with Adrenaline.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, V4 introduced frame drops on multiple titles i.e (Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy 9) due to new scaling options that can't be disabled (vanilla scaling is not available). .
Is "scaling normal" or "scaling original" not vanilla then?
Well to be specific the one i tried was Bust a Groove 2 (JAP) The fact music was not sync with audio, is not completely reliable. But since it was one unofficial game, i cannot rule out is adrenaline fault. A better way to test for issues would maybe be, comparing official downloads to unofficial build images. (Compare a game downloaded from psn to one made with a ps1 converter) :unsure:
I just tried the US version to test, but to be honest having no past experience with it i can't tell if this is how the game is and i just suck at it, or if it's broken. Lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the US version to test, but to be honest having no past experience with it i can't tell if this is how the game is and i just suck at it, or if it's broken. Lol.
Trust me, is even more playable on a emulator. Fact is you don't "NEED" music for that game, it has visual cues.

To shortly explain how the game works, on the screen are commands for moves (much like a fighting game) You insert the commands in the bar before the end of the 4th beat. At the time of the 4th beat you have to sync that timing with the button in the right most box on your character's side of the screen. So for example insert < < > O You would insert Left 2X Right, wait for the 4th beat and then press circle at the 4th beat, with precise timing. In the example picture, the commands are < < So you press Left once, wait for the fourth beat then press it at the right moment. (You can either listen to the music or watch the glowing bar in the command list for it to glow)

149912-bust-a-groove-2-playstation-screenshot-in-the-beginning-your.png

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah,i was doing it completely wrong then. I did have a similar issue when playing Tomba 2. There's this minecart racing minigame which was completely impossible. No matter how much i tried i couldn't get close to beating it. Chalked it up at the time to being because of my skills but maybe its cause of a timing issue. Rest of the game was fine though, worked far better than it ever did on psp.

I did try bust a move 2 US again in practice mode and i think it has the same issue. still not 100% sure its not me though

Last edited by dimmidice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou