Hacking Question Adding LayeredFS Support for SYSTEM Titles?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I just wonder if it's possible to add LayeredFS for System Titles.
I wanted to try some experiments like recoloring the "HomeMenu" and changing some Texts.
Unfortunately It doesn't work with the current version because System Titles are not supported.
RomFS is disabled for system applets
SYSTEM partition is not a target for the MITM

Someone who could help me with that`?

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Guys,

I just wonder if it's possible to add LayeredFS for System Titles.
I wanted to try some experiments like recoloring the "HomeMenu" and changing some Texts.
Unfortunately It doesn't work with the current version because System Titles are not supported.

Someone who could help me with that`?
Sure if you don't care about a ban.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Well recoloring for theming purposes I guess but changing text? Other than being cool like "lol I made it say "something edgy" instead. There's no purpose for this.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well recoloring for theming purposes I guess but changing text? Other than being cool like "lol I made it say "something edgy" instead. There's no purpose for this.
Everyone has their idea of fun, that's the ultimate principle behind modding consoles instead of blindly believing the idea of fun their manufacturers/3rd party software licensors try to dictate on users :)

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanna browse the web or maybe stream movies.
You can edit Hyperlinks in in RomFS files. Probably that could help, too.

@GizmoTheGreen would be cool if you could help me out getting LayeredFS to work with SYSTEM Titles.
We can test this stuff then.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,
Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, I was wondering if there would be any way of crippling the error logging system to maybe mitigate the risk if people go online from the error logs if they forget to wipe them or restore a nand backup before reconnecting

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, I was wondering if there would be any way of crippling the error logging system to maybe mitigate the risk if people go online from the error logs if they forget to wipe them or restore a nand backup before reconnecting
it's possible and should work without romfs edits. you can use modified exefs without problem, but LayeredFS doesn't support Romfs mods for SYSTEM Applets yet...
I really hope someone could help me out with that, modifying the existing code to add support for SYSTEM Titles.

EDIT:
Probably we're able to change which Title is allowed to take Screenshots and Videos!
I just tried another Game (Atelier Lydie & Suelle) over Mario Kart and was able to record a videoclip.
When I tried to play Atelier Lydie and Suelle over Niconico, I wasn't even able to take Screenshots.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,
Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
it's possible and should work without romfs edits. you can use modified exefs without problem, but LayeredFS doesn't support Romfs mods for SYSTEM Applets yet...
I really hope someone could help me out with that, modifying the existing code to add support for SYSTEM Titles.

EDIT:
Probably we're able to change which Title is allowed to take Screenshots and Videos!
I just tried another Game (Atelier Lydie & Suelle) over Mario Kart and was able to record a videoclip.
When I tried to play Atelier Lydie and Suelle over Niconico, I wasn't even able to take Screenshots.

Video in any game would be cool. I wanna do some octopath recordings lol

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that SciresM just need to add support for these, just wait.

exeFS should work though, do you know an easy way to know which NCA correspond to which titleID in the system partition ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc