Adding games on Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by yzak, Jul 8, 2010.

Jul 8, 2010

Adding games on Acekard 2i by yzak at 11:05 PM (2,704 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. yzak
    OP

Newcomer yzak Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys new member here and I just have a quick question. My SD card is formatted and ready with the newest akaio and acekard 2i updates. But now I have to move my games into a certain folder on my SD before I put the SD into the acekard. But which folder?

Is there supposed to be a folder in the _ak2 folder named Games? Because there is no such thing. Thus, I am not sure where my .nds games should be put.

Thank you!

Lovely site

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You put them where ever you want to.

Read my guide http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

You should also be using AKAIO instead.

3. yzak
    OP

United States

wow thank you! sorry I missed that huge How To Guide.

Btw sir I have both the _aio and _ak2 folders in my SD. Are you saying that I only need the _aio folder (AKAIO)?

4. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Yes, you only need the __aio folder, and the akmenu4.nds both from the AKAIO archive.

5. yzak
    OP

United States
    thank you so much for the quick help. you rock

6. yzak
    OP

United States
    tk saturn! i have this nds file called DSOrganize. In this folder there are many subfolders and the dsorganize.nds.

Do I need to only move the dsorganize.nds file to the Root of the SD card? Or do I need to move the whole thing. For moonshell2 I only moved the moonshl2.nds file to the root and left everything else out.

Oh and If I created a Games folder in the root of the SD card and put my nds games there, would that still work and allow the DS to read the games?

THank you so much!

7. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I only used DSorganize quickly, I believe you need to put it in the root. Personally I still prefer the normal Acekard interface. Before you start messing around with DSO, give AKAIO a good run through.

AKAIO will allow you to navigate to whereever you store the ROMs/ You can have them on your MicroSD card however you want. The only condition is that you use nds files themselves, it won't extract zip archives.

The moonshell nds files need to go in the root. All the moonshell directories also need to go in the root.

8. yzak
    OP

United States
    thanks for help! sorry for any english mistakes!