Gaming Adding Funds to Eshop

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious about the not allowed zip code, try a different zip code? Granted it have to be region from which you applied for your card so that won't work. Best I can say is buy a card from the store.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Curious about the not allowed zip code, try a different zip code? Granted it have to be region from which you applied for your card so that won't work. Best I can say is buy a card from the store.

I don't know why that happens.
I can remember I've seen someone telling to change to another country where they don't ask the code, but I can't remember what it was.
Just asking to get it from eshop for safety, don't wanna get cards.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what region is your 3ds?
you can not skip post code but you don't have to use your real one, i put in one from a random place in a tax free state.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When adding funds, should we type that zip code too? I typed my own and still get the error Credit card cannot be used.
I tried all of my credit cards but yet the same error.
i had to enter a zip when i first signed into eshop and it does not even come close to matching my credit card zip, i don't know what your problem could be.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
i had to enter a zip when i first signed into eshop and it does not even come close to matching my credit card zip, i don't know what your problem could be.

I need to get funds from ehop cause I need $30 balance and there isn't a $10 ehsop card.
So if I can't use eshop to get funds, I'll have to get 2 $20 cards which is kind of a waste.
Hopefully there's a way to fix this.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to get funds from ehop cause I need $30 balance and there isn't a $10 ehsop card.
So if I can't use eshop to get funds, I'll have to get 2 $20 cards which is kind of a waste.
Hopefully there's a way to fix this.
there is a $35 card which would be a much smaller waste.
not exactly a perfect solution but it's better.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finally bought a $35 card for $40 from play asia :/
But thanks for your help guys.
Even though I'm done, please tell me if you'll know a way to add funds through eshop.
Thanks.

I had the same problem that you had, my card was rejected at the US eShop (and I lost my Nintendo Club account when I contacted Nintendo, haha).
It worked perfectly when I tried the canadian eShop! Select Yukon as a province and use your real zip code!

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I had the same problem that you had, my card was rejected at the US eShop (and I lost my Nintendo Club account when I contacted Nintendo, haha).
It worked perfectly when I tried the canadian eShop! Select Yukon as a province and use your real zip code!

Ahha, thanks, but I prefer the US eshop.

If anyone has experience from play asia, I'm trying to cancel a pre order which is in the status "Preparing order".
I modified the order and deleted the product from the shopping cart, and now the status is "Customer Update".
I don't think it was cancelled so I contacted play asia to cancel the order, but they don't reply till monday.
Will this customer update stall the process of the order? Because I don't want it and the game releases tomorrow.
Will they charge me tomorrow and ship it?

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Ahha, thanks, but I prefer the US eshop.

If anyone has experience from play asia, I'm trying to cancel a pre order which is in the status "Preparing order".
I modified the order and deleted the product from the shopping cart, and now the status is "Customer Update".
I don't think it was cancelled so I contacted play asia to cancel the order, but they don't reply till monday.
Will this customer update stall the process of the order? Because I don't want it and the game releases tomorrow.
Will they charge me tomorrow and ship it?

And after some time, the status turns back to preparing order, HELP D:

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
YESS!!! I DID IT!!!
And I'm sure this will help someone if they come to a situation like this.

The game I bought was a pre order with paypal but you don't get charged till they ship the item.
When there is no cancel order button, here's what I did:

I searched for a cheap product, for like about $6 in total. Added it to the shopping cart.
Then I clicked the link in the order information page to modify the order and it took me to the shopping cart.
I deleted the other product from the shopping cart (the game I don't want) and then check outed.
This time, I put the normal credit card information and confirmed the order. Now the order was changed to the $6 product.
When you go to the order page, there will be a cancel order button, click it and voila!
Hope this helps people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended