Hacking Adding ability to play GBA with R4

funkmasta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ4 is almost like a redundant device to the R4 because it can play DS games too. I want something that would only play GBA games and thus, possibly be cheaper due to that limitation.

warlock110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The EZ4 is almost like a redundant device to the R4 because it can play DS games too. I want something that would only play GBA games and thus, possibly be cheaper due to that limitation.

yeah, i doubt that's gonna happen any time soon... the GBA is not a main thing for the NDS... further more you're buying it for the aesthetic of it... it fits in right... and its not sticking out... 10-20 bucks ain't that much more IMO... not like you'll have to get a new one every month.

malerik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got a 128megabit flashadvance for my original gba when it came out in japan. One of the oldest gba carts there is. Requires eeprom patching, has no internal clock, max of 4 games regardless of size and cant play the largest games (kingdom hearts). I thought that with the r4's plug-thru option i would be ok, but apparently not.
I can occasionally get to the title screen or so of the game before it lets out a tortured screech and crashes.
This annoys me as stupid ff6 waited till i got a ds to get released so now i have to use stupid useless not backlight gba instead of my minature sun.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you're using the flashadvance in GBA mode, you wouldn't use the r4's passme option. That is only if you want to boot your slot 2 card in ds mode. If you boot your card like a regular gba game it should work fine, unless I misunderstood you.

My Xrom 512 works just fine on my DSLite for gba games.

As to the original topic, I have a g6 lite that i'm using almost exclusively for gba games with my m3 ds simply. Thats my solution and i love it.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too have one of those Visoly FlashAdvance cards that came out way back during the GBA's birth. It was a 64Mb and drained the battery of my original GBA in about 3 hours. Good times. Doesn't work with Boot Slot-2.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too have one of those Visoly FlashAdvance cards that came out way back during the GBA's birth. It was a 64Mb and drained the battery of my original GBA in about 3 hours. Good tim

malerik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if you're using the flashadvance in GBA mode, you wouldn't use the r4's passme option. That is only if you want to boot your slot 2 card in ds mode. If you boot your card like a regular gba game it should work fine, unless I misunderstood you.

My Xrom 512 works just fine on my DSLite for gba games.

As to the original topic, I have a g6 lite that i'm using almost exclusively for gba games with my m3 ds simply. Thats my solution and i love it.

It should, but it doesnt. booting normally or when using the r4 as a passme has the same result. horrible bloopy death. my one and only genuine gba game, tony hawks 2, works just fine, so its not the ds. If someone found a solution for this i would knight them as i wanna play ff6 again but cant bring myself to use me scratched to heck and back, battery cover-less, headphone socket doesnt work, l button sticks GBA.

Poor GBA. You were so good to me, and I tried to be good to you, but my keys had to go in that pocket too...

And pristinemog, a 64mbit? OUCH, there are so many great games you can't play on that! I'm only missing kingdom hearts! But yes, 3 hour battery life IF YOU'RE LUCKY! Rechargeables FTW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
    wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol: hey anyone here?