Adding a Gotek to a Super wildcard

Mclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I've added a Gotek to the wild card but there's a common issue that I'm trying to solve. The software that comes with the Gotek from Ebay is 99.9% Chinese and its not working as it should. The idea is that you put a flash drive about 2gig in the Gotek, fire it up with both game advance buttons pressed and it will then initialise the flashdrive into 1000 1.44mb virtual folders that the wildcard will see as 1.44mb floppies and you use the buttons to choose what floppy the wildcard see's with the game on. Now those who had a wildcard know its a bit of a pain as you have to chop up the files so they can fit the disks and games can span over 3 disks which the wildcard will read back in one at a time. It would be much easier to use an EVerdrive but its 13.00 versus 160.00 so cheap wins.

The issue I have is that the Chinese software see's the 1000 folders but I can't get it to save to them from the PC, newer versions of the software only see 100 folders but you can save to them but its fiddly.

Now I have found a video on YT where the guy finds the same problem and goes down the same path as me but then reports that it all works but he does not say what software he found to see the 1000 folders and how to save to them?

Anyone on here got a kindly answer?

I know there's a cheaper everdrive that does not do the special chip games or the big one that does but the gotek works but is a pain but its cheap...Anyone, thanks for looking..

Paul.

Nice to be back on here, not been on in years, had to reregister as I can't remember my password and I think I used a now non working email address.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?