add games/xexmenu to downgraded phat on 6717

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat that rgh2 and downgraded to 6717 with jrunner+extras and got the dash working. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add anything like xex to the system. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat that rgh2 and downgraded to 6717 with jrunner+extras and got the dash working. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add anything like xex to the system. Any suggestions?
I load up aurora from usb and send all to internal hdd. Use dashlaunch to have aurora autoboot from internal hdd. Then you can use file manager to install anything. Same with fsd.

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I am on 6717 and unable to currently add anything like aurora, dashlaunch, xexmenu, ect...I've seen videos of people that downgraded to the blades dash and have xex menu running with at least xex menu available. I can't get the dash to read a usb drive in order to transfer files

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I am on 6717 and unable to currently add anything like aurora, dashlaunch, xexmenu, ect...I've seen videos of people that downgraded to the blades dash and have xex menu running with at least xex menu available. I can't get the dash to read a usb drive in order to transfer files
You can always install aurora or fsd. Dash no matta.

I have a master usb with aurora setup to autoboot a vanilla RGH. I load that up, send over dashluanch then use dashlaunch to set aurora to autoboot from internal hdd.

You can also do all this with fatxplorer and no need for a usb by editing launch.ini.

Format internal with xbox
Plug xbox hdd to pc
Load up fatxplorer
Send aurora, xex, fsd, launch.ini, whatever you want
Edit launch ini to boot anything you like

Last edited by Donnie-Burger,
Reactions: CoolMe

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to xex menu going, but no good on the usb drive. What format does it need to be in for the system (original blades) to be read by xex?

Last edited by cagerhager,

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if anyone may need this, but ya have to go into the archives in order to get it working. disassemble the hard drive and connect the hard drive to your computer via a sata cable (I used an old external hard drive cable). It will not be able to be read initially, but if you search enough, you can find a program called XPort 360 or USBXTAFGUI. Use that program and then add the live version of xex loader or xex menu. It will go in the content folder. Here you can run it (it should be in the demos).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can connect the drive to the pc with the transfer cable, so you don't need to connect it to sata. Also, you can burn a disc with xex menu. Since it's a demo, it should still work even without a flashed drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM