Adata 8GB microSDHC card: any issues?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by DMPugh, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    Just got my CycloDS in the mail today. I've owned one previously, and used an Adata 4GB microSDHC class 6 card with it. Everything ran flawlessly, even problem games like Castlevania: PoR.

I am considering upgrading to this 8GB Adata card: http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=Sh...cid=990.218.987

Is there any risk to this? Do 8GB card perform as well as 4GB? For some reason I have it in my head that the bigger the card, the more problems that come along. I believe I've read that somewhere, anyway.

Any advice is appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to suggest a different card from that site, be my guest. I've had nothing but luck from Adata cards in the past, but I am open to suggestions--I want the best one possible!

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    From what I remember, that microSD does have problems with the Cyclo.

3. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    What about Transcend 8GB?

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Should be fine. It's only the A-Data 8 GB Class 6 that has problems. But I also share your paranoia about bigger the card = more likely to fail. [​IMG]

5. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    The class 6 is actually a crapshoot. I had to RMA the 1st one i got. My current one works fine though

6. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've never had one hitch with my A-Data 8GB Class 6 card that I got from NewEgg. In fact, I bought a second one for my AK2i and, again, not a single problem. It's the first card I'd consider if I ever needed another one (which, with the sweet iPlayer coming out, I just might!)