Activating Wii Fit Meter Without Balance Board

timestopMachinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new Wii Fit pedometer, but it cant be used until it's activated by the game. I installed cfw on my Wii U, installed Wii Fit U, but i cant get past the screen that says to connect the balance board. I don't have a balance board.

Does Wii Fit U require a board before the title screen every time, or only the first? Does anyone have a Wii Fit U save that i can use to reach the menu? Or is there a gecko code that can be used to skip this somehow (I couldn't find any Fit U codes when i looked (ik this is an obscure use case)?

All responses appreciated.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need the balance board. It controls everything even button presses irc and I'd guess your pedometer thingy will be useless unless your properly utilising the 'games' programme or scheduled routines regularly (maybe you will!) I could be totally wrong there but it seems like the kinda dick move Ninty take with these things!

As far as a gecko code goes, cant really see why that woud exist if you cant play the rest of the game however hid2vpad may be able to help you as a controller scheme coud be created for the game with your gamepad buttons..... Not sure if that could work but worth a try.

Reactions: timestopMachinist

timestopMachinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the balance board. It controls everything even button presses irc and I'd guess your pedometer thingy will be useless unless your properly utilising the 'games' programme or scheduled routines regularly (maybe you will!) I could be totally wrong there but it seems like the kinda dick move Ninty take with these things!

As far as a gecko code goes, cant really see why that woud exist if you cant play the rest of the game however hid2vpad may be able to help you as a controller scheme coud be created for the game with your gamepad buttons..... Not sure if that could work but worth a try.
oh it controls the menus too? im probably out of luck then. I'll take a look at hid2vpad tho. yeah i didnt really need to use the pedometer with the software, just wanted to activate the step count (all it does out of box is show the connect screen). amazon reviews said it didnt need the game so i bought it for my grandpa lol. thanks for the response, i appreciate it!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh that's cool. Yeah, it seems more practical to use the board for everything rather than picking up and putting down wiimotes all the time (although im sure the game uses them somehow somewhere!!)

The hid2vpad is very easy to use and configure and I'm hoping if you make a standard ini file thats named the same as the game, it may bypass the board for you to even get past that screen. Fingers crossed but if you need any help give me a shout.

timestopMachinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's cool. Yeah, it seems more practical to use the board for everything rather than picking up and putting down wiimotes all the time (although im sure the game uses them somehow somewhere!!)

The hid2vpad is very easy to use and configure and I'm hoping if you make a standard ini file thats named the same as the game, it may bypass the board for you to even get past that screen. Fingers crossed but if you need any help give me a shout.
i tried using hidtovpad but it seems to only map for gamepad and pro controllers 1-4 unless im missing something?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah. Sorry, it was a long shot. I checked the Cemu website regarding the game and it even states there that the game is unplayable as the balance board isn't emulated yet.

Unfortunately I think you may have to buy the actual board which for your situation..... Sucks! I would imagine they must be cheap by now but I can't see any other way round it I'm afraid.

Hmmmm.... It may be worthwhile putting a request in the Bloopair thread if the author could add it to the list of emulated controllers in there? Again, long shot and wouldn't be a quick turnaround either I'd imagine.

timestopMachinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Sorry, it was a long shot. I checked the Cemu website regarding the game and it even states there that the game is unplayable as the balance board isn't emulated yet.

Unfortunately I think you may have to buy the actual board which for your situation..... Sucks! I would imagine they must be cheap by now but I can't see any other way round it I'm afraid.

Hmmmm.... It may be worthwhile putting a request in the Bloopair thread if the author could add it to the list of emulated controllers in there? Again, long shot and wouldn't be a quick turnaround either I'd imagine.
i put a request in to hidtovpad for balance board support yesterday. when i checked balance boards on ebay yesterday they were all $100+, but i checked again after reading your message and was able to snag one for $30. so i guess ill be trying out wii fit lol! thanks for the advice

Reactions: Lostbhoy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i put a request in to hidtovpad for balance board support yesterday. when i checked balance boards on ebay yesterday they were all $100+, but i checked again after reading your message and was able to snag one for $30. so i guess ill be trying out wii fit lol! thanks for the advice
There are some other games that support the balance board too. Most of them are crap, but Punch-Out Wii might be fun with the balance board? Never tried.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
30 bucks ain't bad! You'll be beach bodied in no time lol

Sorry it had to go that way though. Shame there's no support for it but I guess the demand and actual use for it doesn't seem to be there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp