Homebrew activating/deactivating cheats while playing, how to?

Nifft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well i have a R4DS card and sometimes when i run the game with a particular cheat or a particular group of those the game doesn't start, but just stays there with a both upper and lower screens white or black, freezed. soft reset doesn't work either so i have to power-off the ds in order to use it again. now, i know some cheats aren't compatible together, since it happens with gba or nds emulators too when i use groups of cheats, but when i use a single cheat and the game doesn't start, i wonder if activating it while the game's running would make it still freeze. after all this useless typing, the question is: is there a way with a R4DS to run a game and THEN activate cheats? instead of the normal activate the run of course. i use a 2gb sandisk microSD.
i would've also liked to ask what's the max microSD capacity that the R4DS can read, since some people told me you can read up to 8gb while others tell me it's wasted money and to stay on 2gb

thanks in advance
yaynds.gif

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The normal R4DS can only take up to 2GB, if you bought an SDHC clone of the R4DS you can use 8GB.

That's what I think at least ^^,

Nifft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
then it's how i knew from the start XD and no i have the original r4ds i think...it's R4 revolution right?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't activate and de-activate cheats ingame, only the SuperCard DS One can do that (and maybe the CycloDS thanks to the latest updates? but I'm not too sure of that)...

Yeah, but there are a lot of R4 clones out there, so you could probably have something like a R4 Advance / III / IV / SDHC / Something, that might support them.

Some clones also have problems accessing more than 2gbs. So to be sure, use a microSD of 2gb max
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)