actionreplay gba to actionreplay gba/ds

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by dude1, Jul 4, 2006.

1. dude1
    OP

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    i had a gameshark for gba a few years but the gamesaves and stuff werent a good as the action replay and seeing the hardware was the same supplied by datel i flashed it to be a action replay and it worked fine
    now i hear of a new gameshark/action replay looks very similar to the old ones but gamesaves and cheats work for the gba and it can copy saves from ds cards
    could i flash my old action replay to the new one to use the ds game saves feature?

2. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady

Former Staff
    Jun 18, 2004
    Canada
    British Columbia
    No, you definitely cannot.

The newer Action Replay Duo for GBA/DS has two separate slots, one for GBA cartridges and the other for NDS cartridges. You would never be able to get the NDS functionality out of the older Action Replay/Gameshark. [​IMG]

The good news is I keep seeing multiple stores here in Canada blowing them out at $9.99CDN - maybe it means a real Action Replay device is on the way, who knows.

3. dude1
    OP

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    oh ok i assumed it used the gba cart for launching like it usually does and then read from slot 1 for the NDS data and with the lack of non thumbnail images i didnt notice
    thanks for clearing it up