dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i had a gameshark for gba a few years but the gamesaves and stuff werent a good as the action replay and seeing the hardware was the same supplied by datel i flashed it to be a action replay and it worked fine
now i hear of a new gameshark/action replay looks very similar to the old ones but gamesaves and cheats work for the gba and it can copy saves from ds cards
could i flash my old action replay to the new one to use the ds game saves feature?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you definitely cannot.

The newer Action Replay Duo for GBA/DS has two separate slots, one for GBA cartridges and the other for NDS cartridges. You would never be able to get the NDS functionality out of the older Action Replay/Gameshark.
smile.gif

The good news is I keep seeing multiple stores here in Canada blowing them out at $9.99CDN - maybe it means a real Action Replay device is on the way, who knows.

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, you definitely cannot.

The newer Action Replay Duo for GBA/DS has two separate slots, one for GBA cartridges and the other for NDS cartridges. You would never be able to get the NDS functionality out of the older Action Replay/Gameshark.
smile.gif

The good news is I keep seeing multiple stores here in Canada blowing them out at $9.99CDN - maybe it means a real Action Replay device is on the way, who knows.
oh ok i assumed it used the gba cart for launching like it usually does and then read from slot 1 for the NDS data and with the lack of non thumbnail images i didnt notice
thanks for clearing it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1