Action Reply Homebrew and Emulation.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Konoe, Jan 11, 2011.

Jan 11, 2011
  1. Konoe
    OP

Newcomer Konoe Newbie

United States
    Well Hello good (Morning/Evening/Afternoon).

I have had a problem with trying to use "Action Replay" as a Homebrew device and Emulator.

I've downloaded the DSOrginizer, DLDI Tool (with the corresponding files.) and then a whole bunch of other BS.

I've downloaded a zip off of Youtube "http://alexrocker101.webs.com/FilesForAr.rar" which seemed to do something cause something came up and seemed like it was working but I would really like to use DSOrginizer because of the programs it seems to be able to run.

So with the DSOrginizer I've tried just putting it on to my MicroSD card just to see what would happen. Nothing.

Then I patched it with the DLDITool "GMTF.DLDI" and it seemed to be doing something...but I just got the dancing cow for a few good minutes.

So after the some hours of reading I kept doing everything I saw like "Patch "exec_stub.bin" files" which I did. Patch blah blah blah continue on.

Then I did this

http://kyleroberson.wordpress.com/gamesnmusic/

Followed it but I still get that dancing cow which was cute the first few couple of times but now it just seems to be making a mockery out of me!!!

I only have Action Replay and don't want to spend any money on anything else. And last bit of Info needed is I have DSi Firmwear 1.4.

I would just like some help getting it to work.

Well thank you for reading my post and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Umm.

Err.

Ooh.

This is a big fail. What you need is a flashcart. Not Action Replay.

I'm sorry, there's no choice for you to do anything except buy one.

Try the R4i Gold from r4ids.cn

3. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    If you had a Phat/Lite some of those instructions may have worked.

I don't think the GnM or Action Replay(that you're talking about) work in the DSi anymore.

4. Konoe
    OP

Newcomer Konoe Newbie

United States

Um they work. I've used the action replay before numerous times before. As long as you don't update the DSi Firmware it will work.

I'm just trying to find a solution for it not working. I've tried using the NES Emulator on the action replay and it worked. I just didn't know where to put the roms so it would find them.

5. Spirit_of_Fire

Newcomer Spirit_of_Fire Newbie

United States
    Have you tried the games 'n music DLDI patch?
    Also, there is a special version for the games 'n music that would probably work without a patch.