Hacking Action Replay for the Wii, any problems?

LishaFTW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm a novice at hacking if you can call me that. Basically I just buy Action Replay products for my consoles, so yeah... Please dumb down any suggestions you have for me please!
Anyway, Action Replay for the Wii is out and I wanted to buy it in order to hack my Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City game. I asked another guy if there were any risks and he said it could brick my Wii. He wasn't really clear so I'm rather confused, so seeing as though you guys practically know what the Wii "likes" and doesn't "like" I'd just like to ask. I thought Action Replay was just a few powersaves or something, I dunno... So, if you could help me, I'd be really grateful. Thanks.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Well, a disk can't hurt your Wii AFAIK.

Plus, Ocarina is something like Action Replay, but free.

Wait, do you even softmodded or hardmodded your Wii?

D

Deleted User

Well then, unless you intent to softmod or hardmod your Wii (Mostly softmod), you are wrong to ask here.

Headover to GameFAQ's forums and ask.

If you intent to softmod your Wii, well, take a look at the "Twilight Hack" sticky.

And AFAIK, game discs couldn't brick your Wii

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't brick your Wii, especially since AR doesn't tamper with the systems they're designed to be used for. And if you plan on using homebrew for your Wii, you're better off using Ocarina since it's free and it already has a bunch of codes out for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: