EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello!

I saw in gbatemp that you can install B9S on a 3DS with an action replay card! But I don't have any of those...
Lucky for me, my friend has an action replay! But obviously he doesn't have the PC cable, which is required for flashing the card and using it on B9S stuff!

Is there any similar cable that works with the action replay? (Because, you know, action replay is obscure and who would ever sell action replay cables?!

Please let me know if there are any cables that will match the action replay port!

Thanks!

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is an Actionreplay DS 1st gen you can solder a micro usb connector to the pcb and use a normal micro usb cable with it.
The problem with the 1st gen ARDS are the drivers. They only work with Windows XP with old hardware as running it in a VM on current PCs didn't work.
I can post a picture where each color goes when soldering 1st gen ARDS, I don't know if it is the same pinout on the later gens.

Last edited by Wuigi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, it's an Action Replay DSi (the version with the blue cart)
Is it possible to use like a mini usb C or something?
You need the proper cord for your AR. You are going to have to actually spend some money to hack your system.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
he does not want to spend money remember,

smh... he will just keep making our lives miserable until he gets a free method
Or someone finally bans him
It's my nature to help people and I often help by telling what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. That is how the Lilith do.

Reactions: Hunter

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can maybe someone post the Pinout for the cable so I can solder onto the ards directly?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can maybe someone post the Pinout for the cable so I can solder onto the ards directly?
Proprietary connectors… Datel still sells them:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264693576958

(I have only one AR cable and don't want to risk damaging it)

Personal opinion:
Given the rarity of Action Replay DS and the current prices for it, I would rather not solder to the board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE