ACNH risk of changing island name

gekkoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm wondering how risky a ban would be if I hacked my switch solely to change the name of my island on my sysNAND ACNH save with NHSE? I'd still want to play this save online w/o getting a ban, which is super important because I share the switch with siblings who use it more than I do, online and all. I wouldn't be hacking anything else in the game, no item/bell cheating or anything, maybe only installing a custom theme for the system while I'm at it since I've heard themes aren't really a ban risk at all but i might be mistaken. Haven't hacked since the 3ds so I'm a definite noob at this, any help/advice appreciated!

keegokahgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a definite ban, or at least a giant risk and I'm fairly certain your save data passes through Nintendo servers. If the name change is that important and you don't want to risk getting banned at all, just start over

You shouldn't be risking a console that's shared with others in the first place

Reactions: sley

Mahesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve changed my island name and changed the entire island too via dream address dumps and go online all the time gifting villagers to nookazon peeps, for years now with no issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out