ROM Hack WIP [ACNH] Code Generator

jackpe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're just doing it wrong. Item variants for the antique wardrobe are controlled by value. RyDog's code for changing quantity works fine for this, I just tested. 00 is brown, 01 is yellowish (like yellow wood), 02 is super dark.

And besides that, this thread is not for help testing RyDog's cheat. If you used my generator and put in the id for that wardrobe and the ID of your choosing, it would work fine.

Wanted to say thanks for keeping up with my annoying ass. Took what you told me and went back through the post and got it working, turns out there's more key combos with the code than was included in the original pastebin, tried that and it worked great. For anyone else who may come across this, after generating the item using Rydog's cheat, open chat again and type the quantity value (1, 2, etc) and after submitting press ZR+Dpad Left, it'll change the item in slot 1.

Thanks Mopquill! :P

Reactions: Mopquill

Judyimissyou

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After firmware update, I can load tesla-menu and I can turn on cheat but It doesn't work! Can you help me? I use atmosphere 0.10.5 and switch 10.0, animal crossing 1.1.4a.

Last edited by Judyimissyou,

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to say thanks for keeping up with my annoying ass. Took what you told me and went back through the post and got it working, turns out there's more key combos with the code than was included in the original pastebin, tried that and it worked great. For anyone else who may come across this, after generating the item using Rydog's cheat, open chat again and type the quantity value (1, 2, etc) and after submitting press ZR+Dpad Left, it'll change the item in slot 1.

Thanks Mopquill! :P
It's erroneously marked in his pastebin, but he said the right keys in his post sharing them. Glad you figured it out.

After firmware update, I can load tesla-menu and I can turn on cheat but It doesn't work! Can you help me? I use atmosphere 0.10.5 and switch 10.0, animal crossing 1.1.4a.
Bruh, this is a thread for a specific generator, not a help thread. You also waited 5 minutes before posting in another thread. Someone helped you there, so I won't repeat the same advice except to say: always check to see if there's updates to the homebrew you use to support firmware updates, especially if you just updated your firmware and things aren't working.

Judyimissyou

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's erroneously marked in his pastebin, but he said the right keys in his post sharing them. Glad you figured it out.

Bruh, this is a thread for a specific generator, not a help thread. You also waited 5 minutes before posting in another thread. Someone helped you there, so I won't repeat the same advice except to say: always check to see if there's updates to the homebrew you use to support firmware updates, especially if you just updated your firmware and things aren't working.
Oh, I am so sorry. I wrote the question in this thread because I always use your generator. If I was rude, I really apologize. your generator is awesome. Thank you so much always!

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a great tool, thanks for your efforts.

When generating a fossil/message bottle, the resulting DIY recipe/assessed fossil is always the same.
Do you perhaps know and if so, could you explain the mystery factor behind them?
I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing that randomises what you actually get from those items.
I read your breakdown in the other thread on the anatomy of item codes but I didn't gather much related to this specific query.

Last edited by iViperz,

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get Poppy and Dierdre just fine, but when I try to use the mystery island code for Audie, it crashes the system every time I try to open the Cheats menu. I've only been pasting one cheat in the txt file at a time to minimize potential issues/conflicts.

Can anyone else possibly test out the Audie mystery island code?

Edit: Tested loading up codes for a few others of the new villagers to see if maybe they're what's causing trouble. Megan crashed me, but Raymond and Judy loaded fine. So it's not something specifically affecting all the new animals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by MisterAlex,

nooknook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I went to Mystery Island on the second day, and succeeded in recommending Raymond, Marshall, and Judy to move. But when I got back, got their luggage and put the furniture back, the names of the completely different residents were written.

So I tried it again. I successfully asked Raymond to move and talked to him again. But Raymond kept thinking about moving, and the option to come to my island was repeated.

But for Apple, this cheat was successful and I want to know why it happened to Raymond and so on. Please help me get him.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to Mystery Island on the second day, and succeeded in recommending Raymond, Marshall, and Judy to move. But when I got back, got their luggage and put the furniture back, the names of the completely different residents were written.

So I tried it again. I successfully asked Raymond to move and talked to him again. But Raymond kept thinking about moving, and the option to come to my island was repeated.

But for Apple, this cheat was successful and I want to know why it happened to Raymond and so on. Please help me get him.

I was able to get Raymond in my island with mystery cheat but use time travel to next day, evict the villager as long as they aren't inside and replace with empty plot in save editor (NHSE) and put your favorite villager cheat and only activate after go to mystery island and see a villager. Deactivate after villager accepted to move in your island.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mate could u tell me how to get the diy id list thx?i extracted the nsp
Dude, it's linked on the generator page next to the quantity input you're meant to put those values in.

This is a great tool, thanks for your efforts.

When generating a fossil/message bottle, the resulting DIY recipe/assessed fossil is always the same.
Do you perhaps know and if so, could you explain the mystery factor behind them?
I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing that randomises what you actually get from those items.
I read your breakdown in the other thread on the anatomy of item codes but I didn't gather much related to this specific query.
You have to set the quantity value to the specific thing you're trying to get. If fossils work like DIYs, I didn't know that, and I don't have the list. According to the item ID list here (also linked from the generator), they do not work that way (search Tricera, for instance).

I was able to get Poppy and Dierdre just fine, but when I try to use the mystery island code for Audie, it crashes the system every time I try to open the Cheats menu. I've only been pasting one cheat in the txt file at a time to minimize potential issues/conflicts.

Can anyone else possibly test out the Audie mystery island code?

Edit: Tested loading up codes for a few others of the new villagers to see if maybe they're what's causing trouble. Megan crashed me, but Raymond and Judy loaded fine. So it's not something specifically affecting all the new animals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Double-checked, the Audie code is generating correctly -- it's not the code. I have pasted it below in the unlikely case you got different output from my tool. It's likely you have either/both of a) too many cheats in your file, and/or b) too many background processes running and eating memory (which can cause crashes). Disable every user background system process but Tesla.

Code:
[Audie on Mystery Island]
04100000 3F9DBBBC 00000022
04100000 3F9DBAAC 316C6F77
04100000 3F9DBAB0 00000032

Leave the cheat on until you're done talking to them, walk away, get to the dodo, turn it off, talk to the dodo and leave. You should see a sold sign with the name of your chosen cheated character.

I was able to get Raymond in my island with mystery cheat but use time travel to next day, evict the villager as long as they aren't inside and replace with empty plot in save editor (NHSE) and put your favorite villager cheat and only activate after go to mystery island and see a villager. Deactivate after villager accepted to move in your island.
This thread is not about the save editor, and I don't currently recommend using it -- especially for users who can't figure out a standard cheat code.

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Double-checked, the Audie code is generating correctly -- it's not the code. I have pasted it below in the unlikely case you got different output from my tool. It's likely you have either/both of a) too many cheats in your file, and/or b) too many background processes running and eating memory (which can cause crashes). Disable every user background system process but Tesla.

Code:
[Audie on Mystery Island]
04100000 3F9DBBBC 00000022
04100000 3F9DBAAC 316C6F77
04100000 3F9DBAB0 00000032
Thanks for the follow-up reply! I doubt it should be a "too many cheats" issue since I've only had a single cheat in the txt file at any given time. I've saved, shut down, and edited the document after each successful invite/move-in. This is the first time I've used cheats on the Switch, so I've tried to be pretty conservative.

I don't really have any other apps running since, aside from the Tesla/EdiZon apps listed in the how-to thread, the only homebrew applications I've really used have been nxdumptool, Tinfoil, and CaptureSight (for Pokemon). I haven't messed with any of the optional FTP, amiibo, etc. modules that are available.

I tried copying the lines straight from the post here to my txt file and loaded up my game again. Alas, the same behavior. The system crashes a moment after I select Cheats from the overlay menu. The Atmosphere crash report screen shows the faulting program as Tesla (4200...007E51A). I wouldn't expect it should be trying to really even do anything yet, as cheats are off by default. But yeah, I really don't know what all is going on under the hood here.

It's certainly not the end of the world by any means. There are plenty of other animals I can invite to my island. So no worries! Thank you again!

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the follow-up reply! I doubt it should be a "too many cheats" issue since I've only had a single cheat in the txt file at any given time. I've saved, shut down, and edited the document after each successful invite/move-in. This is the first time I've used cheats on the Switch, so I've tried to be pretty conservative.

I don't really have any other apps running since, aside from the Tesla/EdiZon apps listed in the how-to thread, the only homebrew applications I've really used have been nxdumptool, Tinfoil, and CaptureSight (for Pokemon). I haven't messed with any of the optional FTP, amiibo, etc. modules that are available.

I tried copying the lines straight from the post here to my txt file and loaded up my game again. Alas, the same behavior. The system crashes a moment after I select Cheats from the overlay menu. The Atmosphere crash report screen shows the faulting program as Tesla (4200...007E51A). I wouldn't expect it should be trying to really even do anything yet, as cheats are off by default. But yeah, I really don't know what all is going on under the hood here.

It's certainly not the end of the world by any means. There are plenty of other animals I can invite to my island. So no worries! Thank you again!
I'm talking about system modules specifically, not .nros you have available in the HBL. If you install something like Kosmos, there are some modules enabled (and taking up resources!) by default -- never mind that you could also have just acquired some kips over time. Things like hid-mitm, sys-con, sys-clk, etc.

The issue here is that if too much memory is being used by one of these things, you'll hit a ceiling while a game is also running, and I think the issue is that the Switch isn't expecting for anything other than a game to be risking a memory overload, so you just crash -- but don't quote me on that. You'll have to make sure you're not implicitly loading boot2 files, and that any non-kip homebrew modules are disabled. You can try a utility like this to check the former, but I haven't actually tried this myself, and tbh, it might be easiest to just delete your atmosphere folder and install base atmosphere from scratch.

To my knowledge, there is no reason any specific villager would crash over another, though you could try uploading your crash logs and I can try to help figure out what is happening -- my money's on a sysmodule.

Reactions: MisterAlex

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about system modules specifically, not .nros you have available in the HBL. If you install something like Kosmos, there are some modules enabled (and taking up resources!) by default -- never mind that you could also have just acquired some kips over time. Things like hid-mitm, sys-con, sys-clk, etc.

The issue here is that if too much memory is being used by one of these things, you'll hit a ceiling while a game is also running, and I think the issue is that the Switch isn't expecting for anything other than a game to be risking a memory overload, so you just crash -- but don't quote me on that. You'll have to make sure you're not implicitly loading boot2 files, and that any non-kip homebrew modules are disabled. You can try a utility like this to check the former, but I haven't actually tried this myself, and tbh, it might be easiest to just delete your atmosphere folder and install base atmosphere from scratch.

To my knowledge, there is no reason any specific villager would crash over another, though you could try uploading your crash logs and I can try to help figure out what is happening -- my money's on a sysmodule.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. I grabbed that app and ran it, but nothing showed up in the UI on any of the tabs. I checked my SD card, and there's nothing in the atmosphere/kips directory.

I'm certainly grateful for the help. I'm sure there's something wonky going on specifically on my Switch. Maybe I just need to backup my saves and wipe everything and start off clean.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. I grabbed that app and ran it, but nothing showed up in the UI on any of the tabs. I checked my SD card, and there's nothing in the atmosphere/kips directory.

I'm certainly grateful for the help. I'm sure there's something wonky going on specifically on my Switch. Maybe I just need to backup my saves and wipe everything and start off clean.
Before that, back up your SD, get rid of everything but y'know, Nintendo folder, emummc -- anything with personal/save data on/in it, and purposefully only install the base stuff you know you want -- NROs in the switch folder don't hurt afaik, because they only run if you (or something like Tesla) run them. Good luck!

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is not about the save editor, and I don't currently recommend using it -- especially for users who can't figure out a standard cheat code.

You mentioned about NHSE in first post. *shrugs*

I had to help one of member that got screwed up with mystery island cheat and one of villager that member chosen didn't move in and get occupied by random villager so I instructed this member to use NHSE to remove unwanted villager by replace with empty plot (make sure that villager isn't in house or game will crash) and go to mystery island and see a villager before activate the cheat and talk to villager of this member's choice to move in.

It isn't about you - I'm just help the member who has issue. There is no wrong on your side.

You said about who can't figure because there is no step by step guide to help members to understand about use cheat to get villager of their choice. I used to make a guide for members to access to CFW on Switch and extract or import the saves so most finally understand.

I had good success with mystery island code that you made a generator and NHSE for remove the unwanted villager and replace with villagers that I picked - it went well. I just want to help the member.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned about NHSE in first post. *shrugs*
Incorrect -- I thanked the NHSE team in my credits. And neither that nor mentioning the save editor directly would change the topic. This isn't a general ACNH/Atmosphere/hacking troubleshooting thread, the reverse engineering thread is already being used for that.

It isn't about you - I'm just help the member who has issue. There is no wrong on your side.
I don't need it pinging my notifications. This thread is about a generator I made that generates codes. If you want to generate one of the codes my generator provides, or are having trouble with generator, or if there's bug with the generator, then posting in here makes sense. Alerting me because you're having an issue with something out of scope, like NHSE, or because you don't know how to use cheats (which like, learn that before messing with experimental ones on new games -- and like, the instructions are on the damned page anyhow!), then you're off-topic. And pinging my notifications for something off-topic. I will help people who have already put in due effort and are stuck, not people who won't read or want something spoon-fed to them.

You said about who can't figure because there is no step by step guide to help members to understand about use cheat to get villager of their choice. I used to make a guide for members to access to CFW on Switch and extract or import the saves so most finally understand.
And this is not a "how to cheat" thread -- and in fact, several users attempted to make those to stem the flow of all the off-topic questions in the wrong place.

I had good success with mystery island code that you made a generator and NHSE for remove the unwanted villager and replace with villagers that I picked - it went well. I just want to help the member.
I feel you -- and no one's stopping you: DM them.

This is the development thread for a tool -- posts in it should be about the tool, not about a person who wants to use the tool or their setups/personal issues.
If the tool has an issue, please report it here. If you want to express appreciation, that's fine. If a specific code is not working (and others are), assuming you've already read my Anatomy of a Cheat Code post here, you can ask for help with that. Don't ask for help troubleshooting your atmosphere installation or turning cheats on or anything to do with NHSE -- or any other tools for that matter. Damn.

Reactions: annson24

rafpoop

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm sure you're aware by now but 1.2.0 just made all item slots stop working, also the text to item cheat isn't working anymore.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect -- I thanked the NHSE team in my credits. And neither that nor mentioning the save editor directly would change the topic. This isn't a general ACNH/Atmosphere/hacking troubleshooting thread, the reverse engineering thread is already being used for that.

I don't need it pinging my notifications. This thread is about a generator I made that generates codes. If you want to generate one of the codes my generator provides, or are having trouble with generator, or if there's bug with the generator, then posting in here makes sense. Alerting me because you're having an issue with something out of scope, like NHSE, or because you don't know how to use cheats (which like, learn that before messing with experimental ones on new games -- and like, the instructions are on the damned page anyhow!), then you're off-topic. And pinging my notifications for something off-topic. I will help people who have already put in due effort and are stuck, not people who won't read or want something spoon-fed to them.

And this is not a "how to cheat" thread -- and in fact, several users attempted to make those to stem the flow of all the off-topic questions in the wrong place.

I feel you -- and no one's stopping you: DM them.

This is the development thread for a tool -- posts in it should be about the tool, not about a person who wants to use the tool or their setups/personal issues.
If the tool has an issue, please report it here. If you want to express appreciation, that's fine. If a specific code is not working (and others are), assuming you've already read my Anatomy of a Cheat Code post here, you can ask for help with that. Don't ask for help troubleshooting your atmosphere installation or turning cheats on or anything to do with NHSE -- or any other tools for that matter. Damn.

There is no need to make a fuss and I was simply help one of member to resolve the issue. It has nothing with you. I didn't expect to face the confrontation from someone whoever found my post to be unacceptable or out of scope. You didn't mention about development thread in your first post and I had no idea because I was directly to help one of member. Sorry about notification bother you and I got many notification as well.

I personally don't believe in private (send via DM) and I rather to see my post to be public to all to see if they could find helpful information to resolve the issue.

If you aren't happy to see so feel free to discuss with moderator. I have no interest to argue about this situation and it isn't my type to go after members if they don't make a fit in thread. I do believe in help.

Thank you for made a generator and I found this to be very helpful. I appreciate your work.

Reactions: osaka35

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Item codes updated for 1.2.0. I have no leads on villagers yet, and I don't personally intend to look. If someone finds the address, however, I'll probably update my generator.

Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?