Acekard2i`s new facelift!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ADi7, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009

Acekard2i`s new facelift! by ADi7 at 5:13 AM (1,703 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. ADi7
    OP

Banned ADi7 Banned

Japan
    The bump on the AK2i has been removed. The new AK2i's have promblems with AKAIO like not launching your games with saves and not launching the AK at all. It is recommended you use the normal firmware from www.acekard.com. I call this new release batch the AceKardv2.1i!

2. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    More spam, these new versions work fine on AKAIO with latest loaders.

3. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Thas Normmatt as he is! [​IMG] But again he is right - all is working fine with the newest loader - so close this.

4. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom

STFU!
    LIES!
    AKAIO IS BETTER THAN OFFICIAL!

5. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    ADi7 is right, I bought two (2) AceKard 2i from DealExtreme, both arrived a couple of days ago. I installed AKIO 1.4.1 by extracting zip downloadable from gbatemp server, I placed '__aio' folder along with 'akmenu4.nds' file on the root of my SanDisk 8GB Class 4, formatted to FAT32, 4/32KB cluster size, and it fails to load any back-ups, un-trimmed.

Loader itself is working fine, displays everything I have on the card but as soon as I press 'A' or tap on a game icon, 'Loading' text appears on the bottom screen, after 1 sec, the 'Loading' text turns green and goes NOT go any further.

I have even tried to press & hold 'X' button upon loading a back-up, this in result turns 'Loading' text into red but does not load either.

Do I have no choice but to use official kernel now?

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Well I don't see you saying about updating your loaders so go update them.

7. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    BoxShot, I wanted to say the same and because I don't want that one thing is posted twice in here I write down the url for the loader *smile* http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ Download the one for aki and place it in _aio/loaders and override the existing

8. BoxShot

United States
    I've realized I answered this question in other topics at least 10 times.

9. ADi7
    OP

Banned ADi7 Banned

Japan

Exactly what happened to me!! Also, lots of other users are reporting this problem (E.G, OzModChips)!!!

Also, "More spam, these new versions work fine on AKAIO with latest loaders." Wrong!! IN YOUR FACE NORMMATT!

EDIT: I also have an 8gb card! Maybe it's a problem with the SD card??

10. BoxShot

United States
    Um haha in your face as well since no where in the topic with OzModChips said anything bout the customers updating the loaders.

11. ADi7
    OP

Banned ADi7 Banned

Japan
    In your face!! I updated the loaders and it still same problem!! oh and this is a big FU!!

12. niu

Member niu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    AK Team is trouble maker.

mess up firmware & hardware.

13. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Micro SD cards won't affect how the card works as long as it's fast enough to be read/written to. I've gotten AKAIO working properly. ADi7, I love how you don't know how to search and made an account just to start a thread. The bump has not been removed, just feel along the front of the card and you will feel a slight indentation. Also, AKAIO works fine for me. Make sure you have all the loaders, you should have 3. I'm not sure if the Wifi plugin affects it but get that too. Properly format your micro SD. You can get all of this here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#Links.

14. Veign06

Member Veign06 Member

United States

Actually...the newest batch from DX, I just got mine in, has NO bump whatsoever...prefectly smooth. Pressed down as hard as I could (without putting too much pressure lol, dont wanna break the thing) and it has no sign of a bump at all. I have the original AK2 with a big bump, an original AK2i with a little bit trimmed bump and now theyve finally gotten rid of it completely...works perfect too.

Also, yes the loaders here -- http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ -- fixed this EXACT problem my brother had with his, games would show up on the card...go to load them and then they either froze or wouldnt load. I told him to throw that loader on his card and it works like new now.