Hacking Acekard2i not working on dsi

Windfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a dsi for Christmas and I've been using an Acekard2i on my old dslite and it would work perfectly. now when I place the acekard2i in my dsi it recognizes the icon in the menu but when I click on it, it says "An error has occurred. Press and hold Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations manual for help troubleshooting." I've went through all the tutorial on this website but it will still do the exact same thing. Please giv me some suggestions on how to get my acekard2i to work on my dsi.

MahLazor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably ur DSi has got the 1.4 firmware, now u need to upgrade ur Acekard2i, liek this:

" Now you need to update your acekard 2i to work on the DSi 1.4 firmware (OPTIONAL). First download this file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFK8DOZB
Now, extract the file to your desktop. There should be two files. One with dsl and one with dsi in the file name. Depending on what console you will be using, choose the dsi file if your updating the acekard on a dsi, or the dsl file if you have a ds light to update on, Drag the file to your microSD. Now boot your acekard, locate the file, and run it. Make sure you have a good battery life left or your ds is plugged in before you update. Hit the the A button, and it will start the update process. After that it will be ready for your dsi 1.4 firmware."

Thanks to somerandomguyO_O

Windfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works on my dsl, its my dsi that it is not working on. btw what do you mean "boot your acekard2i, locate the file, and run it"? If you mean run it on my dsi like you would run game then locate the file and run i on ackard2i, I can't because it won't run on my ds all it shows is the icon on the menu

Windfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMGOMGOMG!!! it works now. all i did was update it on my old dsl which it would work on an then when I put it in my dsi it worked like a charm. THANKS SOOO MUCCH MahLazor!!! P.S.it only took a minute to update on my dsl. P.S.S. whenever I start my dsi it the icon says Danny Phantom Urban Jungle THQ, though when I click on it, it shows up as aeckard. Im just glad it works.

MahLazor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Windfy said:
lol XD! if i didnt find out you would have been very helpful! thx anyway...

You are welcome. And Tell me something in the update process, did have to use another Flash Cart?

If you wandering of my questions, it's because i got the same problem, but i can't find another Nintendo DS user in my town

lesleyhunter79

Trophies
XP
Country
hi just joined this site today forgive me for my ignorance in advance im a newcomer to all this acekard 2 transferring updating file jargon,
to make my story as brief as possible i bought some acekards they were working fine until my son decided to update the dsis in the house now they either wont work or we get the famous error message where can i find instructions step by step on how i move the downloaded file for update 1.4 to my sd card do i have to buy something to be able to slot the sd card into my pc to pull the new download across and run it on it then insert it first into my ds lite then back into the dsi and it will work ?? i think this is roughly what ive read on previous posts
as i said i apologise in advance for my lack of knowledgge im trying
lesley

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you either need a DS lite or a DS or a DSi that has firmware 1.3 and below
its the only way to update it

nk7210

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my acekard 2i in not working anymore on my dsi 1.4... just to clarify that i've already update the card for the 1.4 fix and already reformat my memory card... also done the paper trick and clean the slot ... but my dsi can't see the card...is my card bricked????

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nk7210 said:
my acekard 2i in not working anymore on my dsi 1.4... just to clarify that i've already update the card for the 1.4 fix and already reformat my memory card... also done the paper trick and clean the slot ... but my dsi can't see the card...is my card bricked????

There is a possibility. Have you got another card to test?

nk7210

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hatsu said:
There is a possibility. Have you got another card to test?

flasd card no... that is the only one that i have
frown.gif

Windfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well as you may have previously read at the top I've been using a dsl until I got my dsi. if you only have a dsi(s) then find someone with a ds or dsl because only those can update it if you can't reach acekard on your dsi. if you followed the tutorial at the top of the forum there was a point where you could get a something which was optional [url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFK8DOZB]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFK8DOZB[/url] which is the new update. download this and put it on your acekard. put the acekard in the dsl or ds and run acekard. now that you are in the acekard menu locate the update. click on the update. then it should bring you to a blue screen saying that you could either press start or any other button to go back to acekard. press start on your ds or dsl. Once the update is done it will say to reboot (update takes like 1 minute). take out acekard and put it in dsi. it should work fine now that the firmware has been updated. also if for some reason when you start it up and it says Danny Phantom Urban Jungle THQ for the icon instead of the normal acekard icon tell me. If you have any problems along the way tell me!

Posts merged

well as you may have previously read at the top I've been using a dsl until I got my dsi. if you only have a dsi(s) then find someone with a ds or dsl because only those can update it if you can't reach acekard on your dsi. if you followed the tutorial at the top of the forum there was a point where you could get a something which was optional [url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFK8DOZB]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFK8DOZB[/url] which is the new update. download this and put it on your acekard. put the acekard in the dsl or ds and run acekard. now that you are in the acekard menu locate the update. click on the update. then it should bring you to a blue screen saying that you could either press start or any other button to go back to acekard. press start on your ds or dsl. Once the update is done it will say to reboot (update takes like 1 minute). take out acekard and put it in dsi. it should work fine now that the firmware has been updated. also if for some reason when you start it up and it says Danny Phantom Urban Jungle THQ for the icon instead of the normal acekard icon tell me. If you have any problems along the way tell me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1