acekard2i not recogonized

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Hydro, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

acekard2i not recogonized by Hydro at 6:47 PM (1,466 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Hydro
    OP

Newcomer Hydro Member

United States
    Hello All,

I had a relative who has a DSLite with a broken old flashcart who asked me to get him a replacement. I ordered him the acekard2i and ordered myself a dsi along with a m3zero.

Once it arrived I followed the instructions (formatted, threw new system files on there). I turn on the DSLite and nothing happens, it just says no DS cart inserted. One of the metal teeth inside the slot of the DS is slightly bent, and I thought that was the cause, but then my m3zero came in. I popped that into the DSlite and it worked to my surprise, so I *think* I can eliminate that dslite chipped hardware issue.

Seems like anything I do, I cannot get the DSlite to recognize the acecard, but it works with the m3..... I am going to get my DSi on monday so that I can test if the acekard is the one that is defective, but the thing is they are leaving before Monday. I do not wish to part with my m3z, so I am trying to resolve this.

What could be possibly wrong? Why isn't the card being recognized? Would a fake acekard still be recognized by the DS? Its as if nothing was inserted.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You should try wedging a piece of paper into the slot to help push the card into the connections. The AK2i apparently has problems like this, though I've never had a problem with mine. Might be to do with the fact that the DSi already has a sort of built-in spring that pushes the card into the connections like that.

3. Hydro
    OP

Newcomer Hydro Member

United States

Well I'll be damned, this worked!

Thank You sir!

edit: Perhaps add this to the sticky