acekard2i not recogonized

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Hydro, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Hydro
    OP

Hydro Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Hello All,

I had a relative who has a DSLite with a broken old flashcart who asked me to get him a replacement. I ordered him the acekard2i and ordered myself a dsi along with a m3zero.

Once it arrived I followed the instructions (formatted, threw new system files on there). I turn on the DSLite and nothing happens, it just says no DS cart inserted. One of the metal teeth inside the slot of the DS is slightly bent, and I thought that was the cause, but then my m3zero came in. I popped that into the DSlite and it worked to my surprise, so I *think* I can eliminate that dslite chipped hardware issue.

Seems like anything I do, I cannot get the DSlite to recognize the acecard, but it works with the m3..... I am going to get my DSi on monday so that I can test if the acekard is the one that is defective, but the thing is they are leaving before Monday. I do not wish to part with my m3z, so I am trying to resolve this.

What could be possibly wrong? Why isn't the card being recognized? Would a fake acekard still be recognized by the DS? Its as if nothing was inserted.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Da-Bomb1

Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2009
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    You should try wedging a piece of paper into the slot to help push the card into the connections. The AK2i apparently has problems like this, though I've never had a problem with mine. Might be to do with the fact that the DSi already has a sort of built-in spring that pushes the card into the connections like that.

3. Hydro
    OP

Hydro Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2006
    United States

Well I'll be damned, this worked!

Thank You sir!

edit: Perhaps add this to the sticky

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice