Demondoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Modchipcentral's advertising that they're selling the latest ones (with the update pre-applied).
Thank you, I will give them a go and purchase one asap.
biggrin.gif

Demondoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a message back from a representative from modchipcentral stating that there Ak2i works for the 3DS after the update. Which I will have to install on a DS/DSl/DSi, none of which I have. Does anybody else have a website where I can get a AK2i that has been preupdated to work on the 3DS.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Demondoosh said:
I just got a message back from a representative from modchipcentral stating that there Ak2i works for the 3DS after the update. Which I will have to install on a DS/DSl/DSi, none of which I have. Does anybody else have a website where I can get a AK2i that has been preupdated to work on the 3DS.
Have a look here and you could email them and ask them to preflashed the acekard 2I?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, it wasn't modchipcentral, I forgot who it was... one of them was advertising their 2is as already updated for the 3DS.

EDIT: Also, no flash cart bricks 3DS systems. That's a stupid rumor and there's been info on it being debunked on the front page in various forms for a while now.

Demondoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Ah, it wasn't modchipcentral, I forgot who it was... one of them was advertising their 2is as already updated for the 3DS.

EDIT: Also, no flash cart bricks 3DS systems. That's a stupid rumor and there's been info on it being debunked on the front page in various forms for a while now.
Mind telling me the name of the site? o.o Thanks in advance.

Demondoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kawo said:
I've updated the AC2i of a friend today and it works fine.
Yes but I don't know anyone with a previous version of the DS. Everyone I know have a 3DS and thats why I am trying to get a AK2i that works for the 3DS right out of box.

violent23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demondoosh said:
Can anyone tell me where to buy a Acekard that works for the 3DS straight out of box?
I just received my Acekard 2i from modchipcentral.com. I ordered it yesterday. It already has the newest firmware and worked out the box with my new 3DS. I was in the same boat as you. I had traded in my DSi XL and now had no DS to update to the newest firmware. Plus I had the early version of the Acecard 2i with HWID "44" so I needed a new one anyway. I had paid for the overnight UPS shipping from modchipcentral and actually received it in one day. I was a little worried as they are in Canada and I am in the US. No problems at all. The last time I had ordered an Acekard from a different site it was being shipped from China. It took over 2 weeks to get it.

acrobatiques

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaynds.gif

I ordered my 3DS compatible Acekard 2i from gameplayfun.com on Sunday. It arrived at my work in Indiana on Wednesday using standard (first-class) USPS shipping. Apparently it was shipped from New Jersey.

Hope that helps!

wiipt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Does the 3DS update work as well on a DSi XL? I purchased a brand new Acekard 2i flashcard and I'm about to upgrade it either with the ak2ifw_update_141x firmware or with the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.

The Acekard is going to be used with a DSi XL 1.4E console, but if the 3DS update works on the XL, I would update it right away.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I thought flashcards bricked the 3DS or something. Also, is there any contact issues with the Acekard 2i and 3DS like there is with the XL?

1) flashcarts bricking 3DSs has been disproved months ago.
2) Contact issue with flashcarts is a isolated event that happens to some ppl with certain model flashcarts as well as systems that can't be made exactly the same. Me and my GF have DSiXLs and we both have acekard 2.i's and we have no contact issues, as a matter of fact, my GFs DSiXL has a hard time ejecting the flashcart.

JsdMaNintendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably a very n00b question, being as I'm sure I know the answer, but I just want to be sure by asking the community, is there any possible way to update the AceKard 2i without putting it into a DS? I had to sell my DSi a long time ago, kept the AceKard 2i, and now I have a 3DS, and I know there's an update, downloaded and put it on the SD card, but is there a way for me to update it without a DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: