Acekard2i Broke...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by awssk8er, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

Acekard2i Broke... by awssk8er at 5:49 AM (1,026 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. awssk8er
    OP

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    When I put my Micro SDHC in, it pops back out (The spring thing is broken). I tried taping it, but it's no good.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Maybe a way how to open it and de-activate the spring all together.

If not, any recommendations for a new one? I got the Acekard2i because it was the only one out at the time for the DSi. I was happy with it, but don't want this to happen again.

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, the really early ones had some issues, apparently. I got mine a little later, and it didn't even have a spring loader...guess I was just lucky. I heard that if you press it in really hard it can sometimes fix it. Don't take my word for it though. Anyway, I'd recommend you just get a new one if all else fails...something like an M3i would probably fit your needs quite well.

Also, you should probably have posted this in the acekard forum.

3. awssk8er
    OP

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Okay. Thank you. I haven't really used these forums ever, and I just saw that there was an Acekard forum.

4. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I had that happen to my original Acekard 2.1. Hasn't happened to my 2i though. But I didn't think they HAD springs in them...

5. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Some have springs and some don't. Personally, I think it's kinda pointless to have springs...it just makes it all the more likely to pop out when the card's in the slot, and gives it more breakable parts. I like mine the way it is, without a spring.

6. bekern

Newcomer bekern Member

United States

I have an Acekard version 2.1 and had this same issue. I'm not sure how the acekard2i is but how I fixed it is by opening the casing up then putting it back together. There are little tabs along the edge of the case that you can lift up to take it apart. Life them up gently and try not to break them as it's pretty fragile. Then after the case is in two just put it back together. Don't know why, but the mini sd should slide in okay after that.

Once in a while the problem will crop back up but I just redo this and it works again.

7. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    mine is with springs too
    but it never broke.
    anyway how do you pull out the mSD from your acekard2i?
    you push the mSD or you just pull the mSD

8. Whipple

Member Whipple GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the info Da-Bomb1
    Amazingly, your advice to push the SD in "really hard" actually worked for me!

I had a 2i that had been working just fine until I could no longer get the SD to stay in.
    I took your advice and pushed really hard - there was a 'snap' and Viola! It works again!

I have no ideas how it worked, would not recommend that technique except as a last ditch effort.
    Only tried it because the card was useless to me the way it was and I was out of ideas.

Lots of good information to be found here if only you take the time to read.