acekard2i 1.4.1 firmware update issue

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by xakaron, Aug 31, 2011.

Aug 31, 2011
  1. xakaron
    OP

Newcomer xakaron Newbie

United States
    I have a dsi that currently has an acekard2i with the danny phantom icon, working fine except for the occasional contact issue and the games freezing up. bought a new acekard2 and am trying to install the 1.4.1 firmware update. I've downloaded both the AKAIO 1.8.8 and the 1.4.1 firmware from http://www.acekard.com/download.php. I updated the AKAIO to 1.8.8 on my current acekard2i, worked without a problem. from there i tried to run the firmware installer. I've run both the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds and the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds and both exhibit the same behavior. the dsi.nds brings up the proper firmware update screen, but when i press start, nothing happens. if i press any other buttons, nothing happens as well. no updates, no cancellations, nothing. when i run the DSL.nds to try to update the new chip, it runs, tells me to remove the cart and reinsert it, then press B. i've removed the old cart, inserted the new one, pressed b and nothing happens. i've removed the old cart, inserted the old cart, pressed B, nothing happens. i've left the old cart in and pressed B, nothing happens.

Seems like the firmware update program is just locking up on my dsi. Any thoughts?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if your acekard works why do you want to update it? it should come pre-flashed for 1.4.3 which will work just fine on 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.

read this guide for more info: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

some users have reported that the update file runs on the original acekard firmware when it did not work on akaio. might want to try that.

-another world

3. xakaron
    OP

Newcomer xakaron Newbie

United States
    Thanks, i'll try the other software.

as for getting a new one, i seem to be having contact issues, games freezing up fairly consistently. i've tried the paper trick, but don't like the way it looks sticking out of the ds, so figured i'd just get a new chip that works properly.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    many ak2i kits have contact issues from the start, others get them after playing for awhile. its a bad design. if you can get it working with the paper trick then i would just do that, the next one you get might worse.

you can try just putting a thin bit of magazine paper behind the pcb right under the teeth. this way you won't see it. i had to do that for the ismart premium review, worked pretty well and wasn't ugly.

-another world