Hacking AceKard2 "FAT Error"

iann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had an AceKard2 with 2GB Kingston microSD card for about 2 weeks, everything working well.
This morning when we turned on the DS and selected the AceKard2 from the main screen, both screens went blank and the words "FAT Error" appeared in the middle of the bottom screen in a Blue font.
After inserting the AceKard2 and the microSD card several times, still get the same error.

Put the microSD card into my USB reader and can read and write to the card OK on my PC, put it back into the DS and still get the "FAT Error" message.
Put the microSD card back into the PC, reformatted it and copied over the AceKard2 firmware files to the root, did this several times using both FAT and FAT32, still get the "FAT Error" message when trying to load the AceKard2 in the DS.

At first I thought it was a faulty microSD card, but it works OK in my PC, and after formatting it and copying the firmware files to it again, I am now thinking it is the AceKard2 that is the problem.

I did a little test and inserted the AceKard2 in the DS without the microSD card and got the same "FAT Error" message, (obviously, as there was no card to read).
I then put the microSD card into the AceKard2 and got the same "FAT Error" message, so from this test it seems that the AceKard2 isn't reading the microSD card, even though the microSD card works fine in my PC.

I haven't got another microSD card to try but I don't think it is the problem anyway, I think it's the Acekard2.

Anyone have any thoughts on this "FAT Error" message?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As you noted, you get that error when there's no microSD card in the AK2. Since you're getting the error when there is a microSD card in the AK2, I think you're probably right that AK2 isn't reading the microSD card properly. You may need to exchange the AK2 for a new one.

-Bri

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only other test I would even attempt is a different loader version, but it sounds like the AK2 can't detect the SD so it's probably faulty. You could try cleaning out the SD slot on the unit just in case a substance were preventing contact, otherwise definitely get a refund. Shouldn't be a problem for a two week old card, just be glad it happened sooner rather than later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5