Hacking Acekard2, DSTT, or Edge?

UnknownkidX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the ball about buying a new flashcard. My M3 Perfect SD Adapter had been a run since Mario Kart, but I believe its time to move on. So, I been doing some little research and these 3 (Acekard2, DSTT, and Edge) are all in my mind. So, can you experts help me with my decision?

Here's the deal:

Which flashcard do you think is best overall?
Which one do you think is best for me?
Which one will have a long lasting support? (This is very important to me)
Any tips, flashcards, or things that I might of miss or need to know?
Any additional information do you need to know from me? (Other than my terrible sense/tense in grammar... Yeah, I know. I really suck in grammar!)

Thank you for the help.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. AK 2
2. AK 2
3. AK 2 has excellent support from AKAIO. The edge updates are somewhat slow whilst the DSTT hasn't been updated since January.
4.M3 Real/Zero adn the Cyclo are the more expensive cards. The AK2 I'd say has better rom support then the M3 and is on a par with the Cyclo in that area whilst it lacks the Cyclo features eg RTS.
5. Budget? Ram expansion support?

UnknownkidX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Interesting! I was expecting some diversity of all the carts, but I guess AK2 really takes the cake...
Yeah, budget is a main problem and if I wanted RTS, I would of jump into Supercard DS one from the start.

Ok Stupid Question:
What do you exactly mean by Ram expansion support?
Also, that difference between AK2 and AK2i?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UnknownkidX said:
Hmm... Interesting! I was expecting some diversity of all the carts, but I guess AK2 really takes the cake...
Yeah, budget is a main problem and if I wanted RTS, I would of jump into Supercard DS one from the start.

Ok Stupid Question:
What do you exactly mean by Ram expansion support?
Also, that difference between AK2 and AK2i?

If you wanted a RTS cart I wouldn't recommend the SC due to its GUI which isn't that user friendly which put me off buying one and led me buying my AK2. Anyhows you're going to get great value with the AK2

1. Ram expansion are slot 2 cards like the EZ FLash 3 in 1 which allows you to play GBA games, have a rumble pack and use the opera browser. If you have a DSi then forget about it.

2. Nothing really apart from one works on the DSi and the other doesn't.

UnknownkidX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I understand now. Ok, I'm fully convince! I'm getting an AK2 card. Thanks for the help! Time to purchase the item, read up on firmware update and what I need to do until I get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over