Acekard saves not working properly until second save.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gaara., Mar 2, 2011.

1. Gaara.
    OP

Member Gaara. Advanced Member

Canada
    So I just got a NDS lite and an Acekard 2i... Love it so far, but I have a little issue.

It makes the .sav fine, but when I save in game, it doesnt immediately save to the .sav. If I save again it will, but will not use that .sav, but rather, saves somewhere else hidden from me.

Example:

Pokemon, I save, open up the .sav in pokesav, it has nothing, I go back to pokemon, save AGAIN, overwriting the old save, open the new .sav in pokesav, and it has my first save, so on and so on. if I ever do any edits, they dont show up in game or anything.

What Im asking is is there a setting Im missing/a special area it is saving to that Im missing?

Tried re-formatting the SD last night, didnt change it, the wierd thing is, the save WORKS in game, just doesnt change the .sav in the directory, its like its using save data in game to make man save, and using the .sav as a backup

2. Lightake

Member Lightake GBAtemp Regular

China
    There are some problems with the AKAIO 1.8.5 ,

3. Gaara.
    OP

Canada
    So it's not just me? Well, that clears things up. Is there going to be an update in firmware anytime soon?

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Never heard of this problem.

Games are saved to one location, and that's the same location as the game it is attached to.
    And it has to be making the save correctly, or else you'd have to restart every time.

Also, don't post the same thing in different places.

5. Gaara.
    OP

Canada
    Sorry, I saw the designated questions location after I posted this. Apologies.

And yeah, your logic makes sense, but still doesn't explain why this is happening. Maybe from what the other person said, known issues in 1.8.5.

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    Doubtful... if it was a problem with AKAIO of any version, you'd see more people asking the same thing.

This problem of yours, happens every 'other' time?
    I.e. New Game -> Save -> Load nothing on PC -> Continue -> Save -> Shows progress on PC, right?

So what happens when you do this:
    New Game -> Save -> Nothing on PC -> Continue -> Save -> Progress on PC -> Catch a Pokemon -> Save -> ????
    What does Pokesav show? A bad file? The old save from before? The current save with Pokemon?

Something else you could try... Next time it 'fails to save', rename the game and save files on the card. Name them something like "Pokemon Black (J) v5" and then copy the save to PC again. Does it work the first time then?

7. Gaara.
    OP

Canada
    Re-naming the rom worked. Must have been a weird bug. Thanks for the help! [​IMG]

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    That means it's a caching issue either with Windows or your SD card

9. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Yeah, don't use crappy generic microSD cards. Get a real microSD that's branded. Costs more, but it's worth it.