Acekard Save problems, several roms (tried arm7 fix)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sleipnir, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Sleipnir
    OP

Sleipnir Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2010
    Argentina
    First of all, hello to you all, I´m a brand new DSL owner from argentina [​IMG]

My DSL + Acekard 2.1 + EZv 3in1 arrived 3 days ago from dealextreme and focalprice, I have been having some problems ever since.

I have tried the last build of the official firmware, akaio 1.51 & akaio 1.5
    I carefully read and followed the tutorials to install each firmware and copied the latest loader provided here to the loaders folder
    Right now, just to be sure it´s not a faulty install I´m using this
    I´m using an 8gb class 4 kingston microSDHC formatted with Panasonic SDFormatter
    I have tried the arm7 patch via arm7fixa using a arm7.bin dumped from Contra 4 and some other games
    I have tried DMA mode holding X
    All GBA games work
    735 - Castlevania - Portrait Of Ruin (U)(Xenophobia).nds / 881 - Castlevania - Portrait Of Ruin (E)(Supremacy).nds: save data corrupted loop (holding x changes nothing)
    3092 - Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (E)(M5)(GUARDiAN).nds: Save data corrupted, reinsert game card (holding X seems to resolve the issue)
    2252 - The World Ends With You (U)(SQUiRE).nds: save data corrupted
    4644 - Bejeweled Twist (U)(BAHAMUT).nds: save data corrupted, wont start (holding x changes nothing)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare troubador: game freezes when it first tries to autosave
    0123 - Nintendogs - Dachshund & Friends (E)(Trashman)(8E7FAA00).nds: seems to save fine so far
    2263 - Luxor Pharaohs Challenge (E)(M5)(SQUiRE).nds: seems to save fine so far
    3480 - Jewel Quest Expeditions (E)(M3)(BAHAMUT).nds: seems to save fine so far
    2059 - Bleach The Blade of Fate (E)(Xenophobia).nds: seems to save fine so far
    3538 - Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars (E)(Xenophobia).nds: seems to save fine so far

I want to know if I have to regret not spending more on a CycloDS, or it´s just me [​IMG]
    That´s what I have tested so far, please tell me if you have any ideas or need any more data, thank you in advance

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    Have you not tried reading the forums?

There are many many posts about this problem and it's been going on for sometime.

It's a bad batch, you should have brought the AK2i instead.

3. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    tk, I'm feeling a bit helpful (for the moment), so I'll save the poor fella the additional trauma of searching for one of the more frequently used threads on this matter: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201...t=0&start=0

Of course, that's only delaying the inevitable trauma [​IMG]

4. Sleipnir
    OP

Sleipnir Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2010
    Argentina
    *trauma*
    double doh´
    AK 2i wasnt avaiable in focalprice when I placed the order
    I know it´s the eternal question but now I´m left wondering if I should I buy an AK 2i or a CycloDS then...

5. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    I had 2 AKi's from FocalPrice delivered last monday or tuesday, and also had a single AK2i delivered a week or two before that. The 2 were ordered after they were removed from their website too. So I can't see why they were unavailible.

6. Sleipnir
    OP

Sleipnir Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2010
    Argentina
    Don't know, don't care, mb they were and i didn't see them, mb they weren't avaiable the day I placed the order; all I care is that now I have a faulty card, and I hope focalprice gives me my money back w/o too much hassle, too bad they don't have the CycloDS to order as a replacement using store credit

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    Get them to swap it for the AK2i.
    BTW, for the cost of a CycloDS, I could pick up 3-4 AK2i carts - to me that's not anywhere near a fair indication of the worth of an AK2i (features wise). All glory to Smiths & Normatt / Normatt & Smiths (just to give them equal billing [​IMG] )