Acekard on DSi

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tempbot, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008

Acekard on DSi by Tempbot at 7:32 PM (8,793 Views / 0 Likes) 44 replies

1. Tempbot
    OP

Contributor Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip
    United Kingdom
    Acekard on DSi
    Finally !
    [youtube] [/youtube]

Thanks to Acekart Team for the news.

Source

Contributed by DieForIt

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Great news. [​IMG] . But im still sticking with my lite, i dont really see a point in moving to the DSi

3. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Time to buy an acekard.

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Cool, but I'm more interested to see if someone can hack the SD port [​IMG]

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Acekard may be my new flashcart since I own a DSi.

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I don't get it...the quote makes it sound like the Acekard DOESN'T work, and they're not making one until they can hack the DSi...?

7. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    It looks like the AceKard TEAM has a solution, not that an Ak2 works.

8. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Ah, okay. So they have a solution, they just can't figure out how to release it to the public. I'm guessing they probably did some sort of internal hack to the DSi...

Either way, we still have a long time before the DSi comes out in NA. By then, I'm sure one of the many flashcart teams will figure it out.

9. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    What do they mean by only in LAB? They modded the DSi? A specific condition?

10. dodol

Member dodol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    internal modification/modchip maybe ?

11. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Sweet,this is great news.

12. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I hope the other flash cart makers can also break the DSi encryption (after all, they're competitors).

But this is great news, I may even be buying an Acekard if they can get it working no prob on the DSi. [​IMG]

13. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Folks, read the news carefully, yes they found a way to get the Acekard working but they can't commercially make a product that does so. Basically what that means is that it will only work for the AceKard team, not for any of you. So basically all they said that they managed to get it to work but its not feasable or possible for any of you.

The DSi has very strong anti-flashcard options which can be updated and patched if any exploits are found. So thats another problem flashcard makers are having, if they d find an exploit, Nintendo can easily patch it in a new firmware update making it impossible for a flashcard to work indefinably. So you may have to open up the DSi and modify the hardware or install a modchip just to get a flashcard to work.

I have contacted the AceKard team about what methods they used in their lab. There are basically two ways they went about this. It was either a hardware mod that requires opening the DSi and modifying the hardware and soldering or they used a save exploit to load the flashcard. Now the problem with the save exploit, is that they can easily be fixed by Nintendo and not only that, it would require you to go out and buy an actual game cartridge that had the exploit and use it every time you want to load the flashcard. So every time you want to use a flashcard, you would have to put in the real game, use the exploit and put in the flashcard.

Now the problem with save exploits ona ctual game carts is that well, you need to own a DS Phat or Lite as well as a flashcard to perform them. You need a way to transfer the game saves to and from the actual game cart to perform a save exploit. So it sort of defeats the purpose because if you can perform a save exploit, you can already run home brew and game backups already.

So right now its not looking to promising for DSi hacks.

14. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Sucks that the R4 team is dead. lol

15. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    My 2 cents:
    I think it is probably a modification of the DSi's motherboard. From the video you can see that there are no external devices used and I'm pretty sure that that would be the only other way the flash cart would work on the DSi. It says it was only doable in the 'lab' so it's not as simple as anything they could modify in the flash cart itself.

16. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    If this is so true then why the hell did they have to post on youtube!? Youtube is the worst place to place any cryptic information about this! I do believe there's a way to over-ride boot up screen of the DSi. If you can somehow override the firmware of the DSi, make it boot up into a DS. The only features that will appear might the DS features itself, however trying to use any of DSi features can BRICK the handheld itself...

17. skyman747

Member skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, they probably did a mod to the DSi.
    At least we know there is a team who is actually working on it. Also, judging by how they said they havn't found a way to access the SD slot, that gives me the impression they are trying.

I am still using Ol' Reliable Phat, so I won't be upgrading, but great news. Go Acekard.

18. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    props to the acekard team!

19. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    great news, i hope the problem they are talking about will be fixed soon.
    my dsi is pretty useless now [​IMG]

20. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Cool , now just to wait for all the people to flood in and demand it's released just like they do with everything else [​IMG].

Would be interesting to see what they done though [​IMG] , if it is a hardware mod , I wonder what's making it not commercially viable , as if it's just a chip , there's plenty of people who have no problem messing with the internals of their consoles.