The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Acekard on DSi
Finally !
QUOTE said:
This is a lab work, it works ONLY in LAB. Even though we can go this far, it is almost impossible to make a commercial product.
There is a major problem that can't be resolved, at least for now.
It seems DSi did many sanity checks to make sure there is no more flashcards. We will keep researching and good luck to all.

We assume there are more than one modes on DSi, we still haven't found any way to access the SD card slot in origin DS mode.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Thanks to Acekart Team for the news.

Source

Contributed by DieForIt

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great news.
yaynds.gif
. But im still sticking with my lite, i dont really see a point in moving to the DSi

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ah, okay. So they have a solution, they just can't figure out how to release it to the public. I'm guessing they probably did some sort of internal hack to the DSi...

Either way, we still have a long time before the DSi comes out in NA. By then, I'm sure one of the many flashcart teams will figure it out.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope the other flash cart makers can also break the DSi encryption (after all, they're competitors).

But this is great news, I may even be buying an Acekard if they can get it working no prob on the DSi.
biggrin.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Folks, read the news carefully, yes they found a way to get the Acekard working but they can't commercially make a product that does so. Basically what that means is that it will only work for the AceKard team, not for any of you. So basically all they said that they managed to get it to work but its not feasable or possible for any of you.

The DSi has very strong anti-flashcard options which can be updated and patched if any exploits are found. So thats another problem flashcard makers are having, if they d find an exploit, Nintendo can easily patch it in a new firmware update making it impossible for a flashcard to work indefinably. So you may have to open up the DSi and modify the hardware or install a modchip just to get a flashcard to work.

I have contacted the AceKard team about what methods they used in their lab. There are basically two ways they went about this. It was either a hardware mod that requires opening the DSi and modifying the hardware and soldering or they used a save exploit to load the flashcard. Now the problem with the save exploit, is that they can easily be fixed by Nintendo and not only that, it would require you to go out and buy an actual game cartridge that had the exploit and use it every time you want to load the flashcard. So every time you want to use a flashcard, you would have to put in the real game, use the exploit and put in the flashcard.

Now the problem with save exploits ona ctual game carts is that well, you need to own a DS Phat or Lite as well as a flashcard to perform them. You need a way to transfer the game saves to and from the actual game cart to perform a save exploit. So it sort of defeats the purpose because if you can perform a save exploit, you can already run home brew and game backups already.

So right now its not looking to promising for DSi hacks.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents:
I think it is probably a modification of the DSi's motherboard. From the video you can see that there are no external devices used and I'm pretty sure that that would be the only other way the flash cart would work on the DSi. It says it was only doable in the 'lab' so it's not as simple as anything they could modify in the flash cart itself.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Narin said:
Folks, read the news carefully, yes they found a way to get the Acekard working but they can't commercially make a product that does so. Basically what that means is that it will only work for the AceKard team, not for any of you. So basically all they said that they managed to get it to work but its not feasable or possible for any of you.

The DSi has very strong anti-flashcard options which can be updated and patched if any exploits are found. So thats another problem flashcard makers are having, if they d find an exploit, Nintendo can easily patch it in a new firmware update making it impossible for a flashcard to work indefinably. So you may have to open up the DSi and modify the hardware or install a modchip just to get a flashcard to work.

I have contacted the AceKard team about what methods they used in their lab. There are basically two ways they went about this. It was either a hardware mod that requires opening the DSi and modifying the hardware and soldering or they used a save exploit to load the flashcard. Now the problem with the save exploit, is that they can easily be fixed by Nintendo and not only that, it would require you to go out and buy an actual game cartridge that had the exploit and use it every time you want to load the flashcard. So every time you want to use a flashcard, you would have to put in the real game, use the exploit and put in the flashcard.

Now the problem with save exploits ona ctual game carts is that well, you need to own a DS Phat or Lite as well as a flashcard to perform them. You need a way to transfer the game saves to and from the actual game cart to perform a save exploit. So it sort of defeats the purpose because if you can perform a save exploit, you can already run home brew and game backups already.

So right now its not looking to promising for DSi hacks.

If this is so true then why the hell did they have to post on youtube!? Youtube is the worst place to place any cryptic information about this! I do believe there's a way to over-ride boot up screen of the DSi. If you can somehow override the firmware of the DSi, make it boot up into a DS. The only features that will appear might the DS features itself, however trying to use any of DSi features can BRICK the handheld itself...

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they probably did a mod to the DSi.
At least we know there is a team who is actually working on it. Also, judging by how they said they havn't found a way to access the SD slot, that gives me the impression they are trying.

I am still using Ol' Reliable Phat, so I won't be upgrading, but great news. Go Acekard.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool , now just to wait for all the people to flood in and demand it's released just like they do with everything else
frown.gif

Would be interesting to see what they done though
smile.gif
, if it is a hardware mod , I wonder what's making it not commercially viable , as if it's just a chip , there's plenty of people who have no problem messing with the internals of their consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs