Acekard no updates :(

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nadoon, Sep 18, 2009.

Sep 18, 2009

Acekard no updates :( by nadoon at 1:30 PM (2,946 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    The Acekard team recently haven't been updating their site. The newest update is still "Do not update your DSi to 1.4". Is that normal? Are they still alive? See for yourself. Acekard

2. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Their recent driver 4.18 is dated 30.7.2009 & on 17.8.2009 they have also released the fw 1.4 patch into the wild. I don't think they're dead...

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    No big deal, nobody uses their firmware anyways because it's crap. Use AKAIO instead.

4. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    I never tried the official firmware [​IMG] . Just AKAIO but that does not mean I will forget about acekard team [​IMG] .

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    If I recall correctly on the Acekard site it actually says to use AKAIO instead. Or I could be going insane.

6. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    This always happens to me. I ask a question and people tell me the story of their life. I'm asking: Is the team OK or not? [​IMG] What will you answer now?

7. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    feels like acekard have been abandon in someway....

there are plenty of games that still ain't fix without using the cheat code...

and idolm@ster still ain't working while even R4 got the fix out [​IMG]

8. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the 1.4 dsi patch was released to the wild and not posted on there site because it contains copyright code and could bring the Big N to be able to shut them down.

9. chazam1337

Member chazam1337 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So is this going to bring me to having to purchase an M3i and an Iplayer? since my Ak2i doesn't seem to love me anymore? it's okay, I only have 3 other flashcarts

10. stapled

Newcomer stapled Member

Canada
    i have not luck i get an r4 the team dies i get a ttds (and a ttdsi when i get my dsi) and hey die and now acekard might be dead...

EDIT: i registered in 07 and i just posted >.>

11. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States

hahaha... about the same here...

12. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If the acekard had no 1.4 fix then I would consider the support lacking. Acekard as I see it, is far from being dead. [​IMG]

13. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Well, hopefully they're still alive. And I hope THEY made the phantom upgrader because I don't know if you noticed, it wasn't mentioned that it's official. [​IMG] Still, do not give up on acekards . From such a successful company, no way they would let us down. All we can do is sit back and watch. I hope acekard team sees this post some day though that might be impossible. If you're thinking of getting a DSi flashcard I still DO recommend the acekard. [​IMG] Good Luck all and please update me if I'm not updated by GBAtemp. [​IMG]

14. DoS

Member DoS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yeah, but AKAIO has been slow on news as well for a while.

I know, I know it is being worked on, but really, how hard is it to release a beta?
    I'm sure a lot of fixes and improvements like M&L are already working, why not give us some light?

15. Batang Bartikal

Newcomer Batang Bartikal Member

Canada
    I think acekard is dead now. We should go to M3i

16. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    no it is not dead. Eventually the m3i0 would go dead though like they did for the m3 ds real. Use AKAIO, its a better firmware, and the acekard team released the 1.4 patch to the wild in order to not get into trouble by The big N

17. micric100

Member micric100 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i've been checking their site too, and been wondering if they were dead. I didn't know that the 1.4 patch was actually them secretly, even if there may be no confirmation of this. But this thread gave me hope, i was gonna start looking into getting an m3i. I am in no rush to get a card, so i've been waiting to see how they all progress, and I have an acekard for my ds lite and it's amazing.

18. Shinintendo

Member Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Yea I'm depressed I updated to 1.4u foolishly and got no one with dsl to help me update firmware on my ak2i.
    checking their site everyday, still no update.

19. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

the acekard release for 1.4 will NEVER be on the acekard website it contains legit game code/icon/title to make it work on 1.4!

unfortunately for you if you really do not know anyone with a dsl at all then you will not be able to update your card! ..

The update relies on either being a DSi on firmware 1.3 or lower or access to another dsl/dsphat to perform the update!

20. Shinintendo

Member Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    yea I wrote in 2 forums (country ones) asked, begged & even wanted to pay ppl for their help.
    but it's no use, everyone give me the middle finger cause they are children who are afraid to meet upfront (ds got the name of kids machine in my country)
    it seems I'll have to wait or buy m3i zero or the likes, who work with an outside update. and with a shipping time of 2 weeks.

- damn it's been more than 2 months already, I can't see a workaround anytime soon with the way it's going a.k.a slowpoke.