Hacking Acekard block on DSi inevitable

swordomar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
So I searched and found that 1.3A/E/U firmware for the DSi is compatible with the acekard 2i so far

Is a firmware update blocking the card inevitable? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a Lite or an i. Opinions are welcome. Also, if the card is blocked, can an acekard firmware update unblock it or will we have to buy new cards?

Also, sorry about the title being misleading. There was supposed to be a "?" after inevitable, but I accidentally hit enter before I had time to proofread XP

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my opinion is for you to use the search button, read the hundreds of threads on this subject, and use google.

do not buy a dsi until the dsi features are hacked. if you do and you get an ak2i you have just bought a 180$ ndsl, because the ak2i can ONLY make use of the ds only features.

-another world

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely bound to happen, so I suggest not updating.
Though in the EULA Nintendo says they can update without notice, so if you want to be really safe turn off the internet connection in the settings page and delete all Wifi configs.

@Another World, my decision to buy a DSi was made because of two things
1) My DS Lite's bottom screen broke. (Before that the hinge was snapped)
2) I figured the DSi will get hacked natively some time in the next few years, so why not update now.

I'm sure many others bought the DSi for the same reason, to wait it out until it gets hacked.
As for me, as long as I can play DS games I'm happy.

The only homebrew I had on my DS Lite was VNDS and Readmore Alpha.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
miles,
you need to get into homebrew more!! =) there are so many great apps/games/emulators for the ds. i've found use for everything from note taking, to text reading (when shopping), to datebooks, etc.

i get the need for a dsi. the idea of 16mb of ram and 2x cpu sounds like so much fun, especially for homebrew. i'm just not sure when the first hack of the dsi features will go public and if this will become another sony vs. psp users situation. upgrading in your case is valid, and i wouldn't knock you for it. replacing parts in the ds can be a pain, and perhaps not worth it in the long run.

here is hoping the dsi features are hacked soon. 16mb scummvmds?? i can't wait!

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...