Acekard and dsi frimware question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by RandomFox$&, Jul 5, 2010.

Jul 5, 2010
  1. RandomFox$&
    OP

Newcomer RandomFox$& Member

Australia
    I have an acekard 2i that has been flashed using the update file from gbatemps noob guide to setting up your acekard. I have a dsi thats firmware v1.3A. A is for australian. On the acekard website it says the update file is for eur or us dsi. So if I were to update my dsi firmware to v1.4A would my acekard work on it since my dsi is australian. Or has the update file file from gbatemps noob guide to setting up your acekard been updated so that it works on all dsi systems regardless of the region and language. [​IMG]

2. Samik

Newcomer Samik Advanced Member

Slovakia
    if is your acekard 2i fixed for 1.4 fw (Danny Phantom icon on the menu) than you can update to 1.4 without any problems.... i think that dsi is region free, there is no difference between e,u,a...only the dsiware content is a bit different

3. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Samik is correct. Once you update your acekard to the newest bootloader/bootstrap, it wlll run on any DSi firmware release to date, no matter the region. All region does on the DSi is indicate what DSiware store you shop from. Sometimes there will be minor difference between firmwares (best example I can think of is the DS Lite; The US firmware was a newer release then the JPN), but they are usually minor updates.

4. RandomFox$&
    OP

Newcomer RandomFox$& Member

Australia
    Thanks Samik and Gumbyx I was just worried in case my dsi broke and I had to get a dsixl