Acekard & 3DS Weirdness

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JohanX, Aug 18, 2011.

Aug 18, 2011

Acekard & 3DS Weirdness by JohanX at 1:08 PM (813 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    I have a 3DS and an Acekard 2i. Both are at the latest firmware levels.

Several times now I have opened up my sleeping 3DS to find both screens totally black. Power, wi-fi and message lights appear to be working normally. The 3DS was on the Home screen before sleeping.

If I power the 3DS off and then turn it on, the screen is still black.

However, if I power the 3DS off, remove the Acekard then power the 3DS back on, the system powers up normally. I then put the Acekard back in and everything runs just fine.

I am not able to reproduce this problem at will. Normally everything comes back just fine after the 3DS has been sleeping. The problem has only occured 2-3 times.

Any ideas?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    It's possible you have contact issues if you were playing something on the AK2i before you paused to the home menu and put it to sleep. Any kind of bump or flex can move the contacts that tenth of a millimeter that matters enough that it can't resume properly from sleep state.

I haven't experienced this problem with DSTwo or AK2i on my 3DS. My AK2i has had a strip of scotch tape added to the sticker side and a small thin piece of paper between the PCB and the shell. At first the paper was enough but eventually i had to add the tape also. eventually i will just replace the ak2i with a new one because any more tweaking and i could cause the contacts in the 3DS card slot to become bent.

There's a thread about AK2i contact issues amongst the stickies if i'm not mistaken.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    when you put the 3ds into sleep mode are you currently booted into the acekard firmware? there are some reported sleep issues with akaio. users have reported that closing the lid of the ds lite and dsi can cause it to freeze after opening it back up. this freeze could be a black screen on the 3ds.

if you are putting the 3ds into sleep mode from the 3ds menu, so you aren't booted into the acekard's kernel, then i would also agree that it could be as simple as a contact issue. one of my 2i kits can get a contact issue simply from setting the XL down onto the table.

-another world

4. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    I believe that I was on the 3DS Home screen the last time it froze. However I am not 100% sure about that.

If I manage to isolate the problem more then I will post the info here.