Hacking Acekard 2i

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was looking for a guide for downloading games and the steps I would use to put those games on my flashcart.
I understand you cant give me websites to download games at, I am not looking for that. I dont have my flashcart yet, I just want to be sure I would be able to set it up by myself before I buy it.
Thanks.. also while Ive got a topic going, about how long does shoptemp take to deliver so the south west US?

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloading games.
Find them, click download.

Placing games in the acerkard.
Copy past them.

Shoptem says it takes 2 - 5 weeks, but most people got it in 1 week.

Also remember if you have a DSi with 1.4 firmware youlll have to upgrade the acekard's OS/firmware on a DS phat, lite or DSi with 1.3 or below, in order to use it with the 1.4 DSi

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, Shoptemp ship from Hong Kong, and they ship world-wide.
Many people say their orders take only about a week on free shipping, but it may take up to 2-5 weeks, it's definitely a gamble.
However if you order express UPS/DHL/EMS shipping for about $16, it should definitely arrive within a week.
In either case, once it ships from Shoptemp, it's out of their hands how fast it arrives to you.

You can read in more detail here.

When you buy an Acekard 2i, make sure you buy a microSD reader of some sort, as the Acekard 2i doesn't usually include one. Shoptemp sell these separately.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't say what console you have, presumably a DSi for DSi XL.

Unless you have DS Lite or DS Phat, you will need to have these update for firmware 1.4. If you don't have one of these, ShopTemp can do this for you but you must select the "Premium Flashing & Update Service" when you add it to the cart. It will also give you a choice to add a MicroSD card, if you do included in the "Premium Flashing & Update Service" is the full setting up of the Acekard so it will work out of the box and they include a selection of homebrew. If you have no idea out about these things, then this is idea for you.

You read all about it here http://shoptemp.com/pages/ShopTemp-Premium...te-Service.html

When it comes to shipping, i'd recommend you select the registered option. It will give you tracking which give you piece of mind what's happening it. People also seem to think it's a little quicker.

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya, I an running a DS lite. Would a class 4 run much faster than a class 2 SDHC card? I only plan to play DS games on my acekard. I noticed that the SDHC cards that shoptemp are offering are the class 2. To be honest though I think the bundle from the site is the way I want to go, considering I could immediately start adding games to it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A class 2 card is normally fine, a lot of people use them especially for 16GB and get along with them fine. All it really effects is the time it takes to copy games from your PC to the card. If for example you want to copy 16GB of ROMs to a class 2 card, it's going to take over an hour.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe Class 2/4/6 generally refers to the write speed, but it can be a good indication of how good the read speed is too.
Better Class does mean better writing, that does happen to be useful for homebrew, or for writing a gamesave.

I personally would not recommend getting a Class 2 card, at least get class 4.
And hey, did you know there's Class 10 cards? It's true.
http://www.amazon.com/KINGMAX-microSDHC-mi...r/dp/B003M5T2T0

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya, I decided that I will just get the bundle through shoptemp with the 4gb and the acekard 2i. Thanks for the advice though, appreciated. Will probably order it tomorrow.

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, was trying to order my acekard today and had a bit of a problem. I wanted to use a credit card through paypal to pay for it, and it kept getting denied. Does shoptemp allow you to purchase without using a credit card, and just paypal account? Thanks

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Artrigis said:
Hey, was trying to order my acekard today and had a bit of a problem. I wanted to use a credit card through paypal to pay for it, and it kept getting denied. Does shoptemp allow you to purchase without using a credit card, and just paypal account? Thanks
Yes, you can pay using Paypal.
Send them a support ticket with your order ID, requesting a paypal payment.
Be aware though that if your credit card is being denied for whatever reason, chances are your paypal payments will be as well, as paypal is just a front of sorts for your credit card.
You should probably go visit your bank branch and sort things out.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm guessing You shouldn't need to that anymore. A large paypal logo is now displayed on their homepage.

I'd check to see if you are having paypal issues. If in doubt, email them.

http://shoptemp.com/pages/Frequently-Asked...html#3

QUOTE said:
1. What payment methods do you currently accept?

We currently accept payment via PayPal. It is the most common way of sending payments online and are therefore trusted by millions of people worldwide.

You will be able to pay using your credit or debit card using PayPal, or withdraw some money from your bank account if you do not have a credit card.

4. Where do I send my payment to?

Payment should be made during checkout. However, if there are any problems getting your payment to us, please use the contact forms provided to get in touch, we'll do our best to help you.

They were previously using other payment methods, so might be having teething issues if they are integrating paypal checkout.

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, shoptemp told me that I need to sort this out with paypal, so I am doing that now. In the meantime I am rethinking about this, I think that I could configure my acekard myself, and be able to buy a class 6 SDHC card off of newegg for a little less money.

From this link http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO
The only things that are necessary within this guide is panasonic formatter, AKAIO, loaders, wi-fi plugin, and the savelist.bin is that right? I would also want to install lameboy.
So, just by formatting and installing these things into the correct folders my acekard would be fully functional and ready to play, is that right?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Artrigis said:
Hey, shoptemp told me that I need to sort this out with paypal, so I am doing that now. In the meantime I am rethinking about this, I think that I could configure my acekard myself, and be able to buy a class 6 SDHC card off of newegg for a little less money.

From this link http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO
The only things that are necessary within this guide is panasonic formatter, AKAIO, loaders, wi-fi plugin, and the savelist.bin is that right? I would also want to install lameboy.
So, just by formatting and installing these things into the correct folders my acekard would be fully functional and ready to play, is that right?
For the most part.
The only part that matters is, do you have a DSi 1.4? If that's all you have, you'll need to order premium flashing + updating service so shoptemp can flash the Acekard for you.

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS lite. Recently bought it off craigslist.. so the DS is new to me, which is why I am asking so many dumb questions
smile.gif
Thanks for the response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0