Acekard 2i won't boot

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ryuk93, Jul 29, 2010.

Jul 29, 2010

Acekard 2i won't boot by ryuk93 at 3:43 AM (2,474 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    I got my acekard 2i in the mail after many recommendation from people while looking at reviews of flashcards. My problem is it won't boot. I've tried both paper tricks with the pins and near the sticker. It hangs at "nint" with or without the sd card so its not an sd card problem and I'm thinking of trying out another brand if I can't get it working. I bought it from 5thdimensionstore if that matters.

This video isn't mine but it shows exactly my problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmMOp7osRE

edit:

I just remembered my old ds phat with a broken top screen. I just tried it on that and it won't even recognize the card. I'm not sure if that will help or not.

edit:

With the paper trick the ds Phat is freezing in the same place

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I've had that happen a couple of times with my 2.1. For those of who don't understand what he's saying he means the Nintendo Logo on the top screen.

My quick fix is just removing the AK2.1, waiting a couple of seconds and retrying. Alternatively, you can try taking out of the battery, waiting a couple of seconds to have it clear some data and reinsert it. Then try again.

3. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    Are you talking about the battery on the nds? And would this fix work with a ak2i? Thanks for the fast reply [​IMG]

4. Hakoda

United States
    Yes I am. And I'm not sure if it will work with an AK2i, just try it, got nothing to lose. No problem

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    That used to be happen to my old white DS lite with my original R4.
    It may not necessarily be a symptom of the Acekard but a symptom of the DS lite.

6. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    Nope not working I've been trying for awhile and for an edit on the ds phat just put a piece of paper in and now i figure its got the same problem because the bottom screen looks the same. Also is it supposed to click on its way into a ds lite?

7. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    It happens to me every once in awhile. My guess is that it's just the Acekard's infamous contact problems, and it's hanging because the Acekard "disconnects" shortly after turning the DS on, though I could be wrong. Just pop it out and pop it back in. Works for me!

8. Hakoda

United States
    If you mean the spring to lock it into place then yes it should click a little bit. Try inspecting the contacts for dust, put your head about 2 or 3 inches away from the contacts and blow hard.

EDIT: Just realized how wrong that sounds...

9. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    Tried all the things you guys are saying and nothing is working should I try to get a replacement?

10. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    I doubt you have access to another DS, but try putting your Acekard in another DS and see how that works out.

Believe me, I've experienced issues exactly like this before with my old white DS lite, I used it so heavily that it had trouble reading flashcarts.

11. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    Actually I tried it on my old phat with a broken screen and get the same problem with the paper trick. The DS lite I'm using on I actually just bought and got the acekard to use with it.

12. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    I see, then maybe it is the Acekard after all.
    Where'd you get the acekard from? Hopefully you can get a replacement from them.

13. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    5thdimensionstore, I'm gonna make a ticket with their customer support now. I hope they accept returns they're an authorized reseller.

14. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
  15. ryuk93
    OP

Newcomer ryuk93 Newbie

United States
    Thank you so much [​IMG] I'm going to contact the team and hope they send me a fix. I thank everyone for their fast replies and am loving this site with how helpful it is.