Acekard 2i stuck in slot?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xxaznfirexx, Jun 19, 2011.

Jun 19, 2011

Acekard 2i stuck in slot? by xxaznfirexx at 11:40 PM (1,965 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. xxaznfirexx
    OP

Newcomer xxaznfirexx Newbie

United States
    anyone else having trouble to get out the acekard from the 3ds slot. everytime i try to push down on it, it doesn't spring back up on the first few tries. not sure if my cart is deformed or anything but the regular 3ds games has no problems

2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I don't have that problem, but makes sense that you could. DS slot sizes all differ a bit... I think. Regardless, I don't think it's a problem

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Are you pushing down hard enough?
    Does it do the same with with DS Games?

4. xxaznfirexx
    OP

Newcomer xxaznfirexx Newbie

United States
    dont have any ds games to try with lol, at first i thought it was cause i peeled the sticked on the back of the acekard to verify if it's legit and maybe thought that was causing friction, but i rubbed it down to make sure it's all gone

5. Hazard7

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I had this problem once. Just try pushing it till it will release back up. Everyone knows that Acekard 2i have bad case design so next time you put Acekard 2i in your 3DS or DSi/XL, make your own papercard trick that can be found on the forum somewhere so when it get stuck you can pull the paper to get the Acekard 2i out. Please note it's best to make a hard plastic instead of paper because paper can easily rip off.

6. xxteargodxx

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have this problem too it doesn't always come up on the first try.

7. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    newer acekard 2i batches has somewhat of a bulge on the middle (you can probably feel it), causing it to get stuck in the slot. This is also know to cause some contact issues. Doing the paper trick will help, although I never tested.

8. jochendude

Newcomer jochendude Member

Belgium
    Hi,

Is this a big issue, i was about to order a Acekard for my 3ds but after reading this i'm not so sure. I don't want to work with paper or anything to ensure the card works correctly.
    Maby i should buy the R4i gold 3ds?

9. xxteargodxx

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Accekard works, it's not a big issue at all, the card comes out of the slot you just have to push down on it 1-2 more times is all. I'd definitely get Acekard over R4i gold 3ds.

10. dimmidice

Member dimmidice GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    i have bought 7 acekards in my life. (5 for friends/family) 1 for myself and then a acekard 2.i for my 3ds none of them had this issue. guess i'm just lucky?

11. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    I have the exact problem as the OP, it's just flaky it seems. Real 3DS and DS games do work fine however.

The only method I found to always get the AK2i out on the first try is to VERY quickly and forcibly push down on it, do NOT be slow. That usually causes it to eject for some reason.

12. RiderLeangle

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I noticed the same problem, what seemed to work (and it sounds stupid but it does work), push down onto the cart around where the SD card goes, it should just pop out like a normal game

13. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Used to happen, but I think it's fixed now..
    I don't know when it started working better, but I'd assume it was when I took off the anti-clone sticker.

14. Themanhunt

Member Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Had my 3DS since christmas and have had no problems with it in my 3DS. Same goes for my DSTWO, but not for my R4i Gold 3DS.

15. Codename

Member Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Canada
    I peeled the corner to verify it and the sticker got a bit jammed so I peeled off the whole sticker only to find that it had left sticky stuff on the front. For a while, it used to get stuck in my 3DS but now, it's fine (except for the fact that I LOST IT!!!!!! ARGHHHH! RAGE! RAGE, QUIT!)

16. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    This. I have an Acekard like yours, and I've been pushing down near the SD slot. Works like a charm.

If anything, that'll make it break faster.