Acekard 2i ram for quake2ds

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Capita_7, Jul 15, 2011.

Jul 15, 2011

Acekard 2i ram for quake2ds by Capita_7 at 9:44 AM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    I am trying to play qauke2ds on my dsi but it says I do not have enough ram there is an option to select a flashcart but acekard is not on there is there a way to add ram or do I need a different cart all together

edit I did some research and it looks like I need a slot 2 ram expansion card but did I also read correctly that I can use a ez flash 3in1 or a supercard2 which have extra ram on them?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    http://quake.drunkencoders.com/index_q2.html

all supported cards are slot-2, there is no slot-1 cpu-enhanced flash kit support. the project will only work on the ds phat and ds lite because of this.

i've beat quakIIds using a 3in1 and an m3 lite. there are some bugs in the later levels. sadly there will not be any more fixes as simon has not updated since 2008.

cquake started out as an underdog and now runs in dsi-mode. so perhaps one day we will see some form of quake2 running in dsi-mode as well.

-another world

3. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    Damm, any idea if people are still interested hacking the dsi to figure out if there would be any way to dump all the 16mb of ram or expand it some how with the sd card or is all the attention more more towards the 3ds?