Acekard 2i Problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Infernape971, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010

Acekard 2i Problem by Infernape971 at 7:44 PM (717 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Infernape971
    OP

Newcomer Infernape971 Newbie

United Kingdom
    The other day my cousin was using my acekard 2i when he changed some of the settings and chose a random file as a loader so my acekard 2i wouldnt load propperly so i decided to download the new firmware and see if that would cure my problem, but it just made it worse. Now whenever i run my acekard it says System File Missing. So now i have a useless acekard 2i that wont even work! [​IMG] Plz help!!!

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    'System File Missing' normally means akmenu4.nds is missing from the MicroSD card's root directory.

3. Infernape971
    OP

Newcomer Infernape971 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have that file at the root. What could i do to reset the whole acekard 2i to what it was like when i bought it?

4. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    BACK UP: All of your ROMs/Homebrews & SAV files

Use SD Association Formatter 3.0 (formerly known as Panasonic SD Formatter) to format your microSD. Be careful that you format the correct drive.
    The default format settings should be fine regardless of what microSD card it is.

After format, decompress the latest AKAIO which is currently AKAIO 1.6 RC2. You may have to download WinRAR from RARLAB in order to "unzip" this archive. Copy the contents of the archive to the freshly formatted MicroSD. After this the contents of your MicroSD will be:

Folder - __aio
    File - ak4menu.nds
    File - LoaderChangelog.txt
    File - readme_AKAIO.txt

------
    You can delete the two .txt files (they look like text documents, and your system may not be configured to show the .txt file extension once they're extracted).

------
    You can then restore your backed up ROMs/Homebrew & SAV files to the MicroSD. Make sure all the .SAV files are in the same directory as the corresponding ROM. You can copy all of them to root (topmost directory) or organize them in folders if you wish.

------
    Hope this helps. Please do not skip the backing up part. Last time I gave advice to someone about this kind of thing he formatted before backing up despite my advice to do the opposite and it was very funnysad.