Hacking Acekard 2i Or R4i Gold

LegitKillz099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im new here and i just started to hear about Flashcarts.I Want to buy one should i get R4I Gold or AceKard 2i Discontinued since they stop updating.Anyways im one version 1.4.4 so should i update and get r4i gold or stay on 1.4.4 with AceKard btw i got a Dsi

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you're using a DSi now, but do you ever plan to get a 3DS? If so forget about the Acekard.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
R4i Gold, Wood R4 looks and feels like akAIO and uses the same skins...mostly because it's based on the same source. Still it pretty much all the same features and even RTS. As well far more regular updates.
Not to mention it doesn't have the contact issues like the Ackcard 2i and can work on the latest 3DS/DSi firmware.
BTW as always I suggest using nds-card
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
They are GBAtemp's official sponsor, so buying from them helps support the Temp!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio still has the best homebrew compatibility, but it lacks bootloader exploits and it would seem akaio is pretty much a completed kernel. the ak2i also suffers from extremely annoying contact issues. i'm with everyone else, grab an r4i gold .cn or an r4idsn. both are from the same team and both support wood. the r4idsn has an advantage of supporting wood directly from ywg, while the r4i gold requires their team to recompile the kernel.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.