Hacking Acekard 2i not working?

megatron290

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently purchased an Acekard 2i off of realhotsuff.com about a week ago and got it on thursday. This is not the first flash cart that I've had so I know how to set it up and everything. I installed the latest firmware and for about a day the cart worked perfectly and i had no problems with it whatsoever. The very next day the card stopped working and my DS would not even read the anymore. I tried it out on both my DS and DS lite but it did not work. Has anybody else had this problem and if so, what did you guys do fix it? I looked it up online and I think I may have either a defective card or a fake card. Can anyone tell me how to know whether its fake or not?

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem it worked for me for like 3 days then it just stopped reading the card. I bought mine from dealextreme and it has a small bump in the front from the chip. It's not flat like my R4. Like this one here:
http://www.kickgaming.com/images/ace_edge/acekard2c.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it working again? I tried 3 different sd cards and none of them worked.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if it booted with akaio or the official firmware, it is not a fake. there were some dstt's going around with ak2.1 stickers on them, but they would have required the dstt firmware to work. there are no fake acekards that i am aware of, have seen, heard about, or been told about from the team.

the only reported problem is running the wrong loaders which can brick the dsi functions but the kits still boots on the normal nds.

i can't help any more than that, i do not own a dsi nor would i purchase a dsi flash kit for a normal ds.

-another world

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of this problem. I too ordered an A2i from the infamous DealExtreme, and dare I say it's one of the best flashcart I've bought (with the exception of that annoying bump under the sticker
unsure.gif
).

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
Ballistic said:
I've never heard of this problem. I too ordered an A2i from the infamous DealExtreme, and dare I say it's one of the best flashcart I've bought (with the exception of that annoying bump under the sticker
unsure.gif
).

Yeah when it stopped working I thought it was probably that bump that did it. As you take it out of the DS it puts pressure on it and I thought maybe it broke a pin or something. DealExtreme told me to send it back, but for the amount I would pay on shipping it wouldn't even be worth it. I am probably better off buying another one.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kingdruid said:
Ballistic said:
unsure.gif
).

Yeah when it stopped working I thought it was probably that bump that did it. As you take it out of the DS it puts pressure on it and I thought maybe it broke a pin or something. DealExtreme told me to send it back, but for the amount I would pay on shipping it wouldn't even be worth it. I am probably better off buying another one.

i don't offer this info until people say their retailer won't fix the issue. you should never have to pay for return shipping when an item is DOA or breaks in the first month. ALL acekard products have a 1 yr warranty. drop a line to [email protected]. tell them your problem, show them any responses you got from DX (if you think it will help), and ask for a solution.

-another world

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
OK... this sounds more like the problem i have. Mine has also that horrible bump. I usted to have akaio (not the newest version) and stopped working. I just downloaded the acekard firmware and il check it out when i get home. Otherwise i'll follow your tip another world. Thanks.

PD. By the way... mine is not the acekard 2i.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gk.7 said:
OK... this sounds more like the problem i have. Mine has also that horrible bump. I usted to have akaio (not the newest version) and stopped working. I just downloaded the acekard firmware and il check it out when i get home. Otherwise i'll follow your tip another world. Thanks.

if you have an acekard 2 or 2.1 with the chip you have the old 2 (which is known to have problems) or the *fixed* 2 (which might have problems). every retailer knows about this and you should be able to get it replaced easily.

-another world

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
well... i guess... i just dont wanna pay for shipping it back. The guys at nxpgame said they would send me another one as long as i send them the original one... i'll see what's the cheapest way though.

megatron290

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot, the responses were very helpful. The thing is, i bought the card for a friend who has a DSi but i wanted to try it out on my ds just to see if it worked. I didn't want to give him something that didn't work. Is it possible that it works on a DSi and not a regular ds? when i bought it, the website said it should be compatible with all ds systems.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it could just be a defective kit. it happens. keep in mind these things are made for $2-3 dollars each. they aren't the top end be-all flash kits. one of my acekards seems to have extra fingers when it comes to releasing the msd, and the other makes a loud click when i put it in my nds. the only product i have that has never had a single issue is the rpg.

-another world

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Another World said:
gk.7 said:

if you have an acekard 2 or 2.1 with the chip you have the old 2 (which is known to have problems) or the *fixed* 2 (which might have problems). every retailer knows about this and you should be able to get it replaced easily.

-another world

Yup... i tried the newest firmware and still it's messed up... ill have them replace it. Thanks man!

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
the only reported problem is running the wrong loaders which can brick the dsi functions but the kits still boots on the normal nds.

-another world

what do you mean by "wrong loaders"? do you think it is safe to download the loaders from here: http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/? i want to get an Acekard 2i and use AKAIO on it but if it might brick the dsi capabilities...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...