Hacking Acekard 2i not working anymore.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah. My Acekard 2i stopped working after playing Pokemon Black 2 on my 3DS. I pressed the home button to quit and get back to switch the game to Mario Kart 7 instead and by the time I was on the homescreen my 3DS read, "No cartridge detected". Now, everything is fully updated. My 3DS has the latest firmware, my Acekard has been working perfectly fine on it (updated)..everything went well until that..my 3DS can read other games and now the Acekard can't be read on the DSi either. Switching to a different microSD doesn't change anything...it really seems like my Acekard is dead. I have tried the paper trick with it on 3DS and DSi but no luck either...ugh. This is so stressful. Any ideas?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a very strange case!
Are you sure your Acekard was updated with the last firmware?

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I'm 100% sure everything was properly updated. I usually update things the day of, (flashcard first of course, then 3DS/DSi). I just press home and poof, broken Acekard. It's very disheartening. I've had this thing forever it seems and I am always careful about updates.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you did the paper trick right? If it doesn't come up at all no matter what, then it seems the AK2i is either having contact issues, is dead, or is bricked.

This is a very strange case!
Are you sure your Acekard was updated with the last firmware?

Pardon me for being off topic, but I've seen your posts around a lot and I've always wondered why you have to end every sentence that's not a question with !.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I manage a few friend's Acekards and had to do the paper trick on theirs successfully. Out of frustration I tried it again with a thicker paper on my own to the point were it was slightly difficult to remove. It definitely doesn't seem like a contact issue....though I sooo wish it was.

Is it time to just go ahead and buy another one?
http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-AKAIO-Compatible.html
I've found this at half the price of an Acekard and apparently it runs AKAIO. Anyone have experience with it?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pardon me for being off topic, but I've seen your posts around a lot and I've always wondered why you have to end every sentence that's not a question with !.

I don't post that often!
I have a low post per day ratio! Your ratio is 563% bigger than mine!
I fail to see your point!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I...probably wouldn't buy it. Just because it's compatible with AKAIO doesn't mean it'll work on the latest 3DS firmware.

I would suggest buying either another AK2i, an R4i Gold from r4ids.cn, or a DSTwo.

I don't post that often!
I have a low post per day ratio! Your ratio is 563% bigger than mine!
I fail to see your point!
I didn't have a point really, and how often you post had nothing to do with it? My question was why you have to end each sentence with an ! instead of a . I'm kind of a grammar nazi I guess, which is why I was wondering.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't have a point really, and how often you post had nothing to do with it? My question was why you have to end each sentence with an ! instead of a . I'm kind of a grammar nazi I guess, which is why I was wondering.

Now I get it! :D

The '!' is not just used on a answer.
I didn't realize I used that much the '!', I'll avoid to use that much.
But I don't remember being this far off-topic.
If you had a example, or a quote, I'd get better that

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it happened on my acekard 2i.. i just formatted my micro sd card then when I tried to my Dsi , my Dsi doesn't detect or shows any icon...

As another world said, Reflash the boot loader. This unusual error seems to happen when the SD card encounters an certain FAT error. There is a way to fix it, pick up a cheap r4 card that works in your system if you don't already have a second flashkit (If you get a really cheap R4, it may not work on your dsi/3ds. use it on a ds lite, or shell out for another acekard that will run on your system.) run the acekard's flasher utility from the r4, replace the r4 with the acekard when prompted and voila. If buying a cheap card to do all of this is a hassle, find someone else with a card already and ask for their help, or simply buy a new acekard. (which you can also use to revive your old one to keep as a back up in case this happens again!)

Guide to flashing can be found here: http://wiki.gbatemp....AK2i_Bootloader (follow the instructions for Unbricking a Bricked Cart)

Note: It is recommended to do this on a NDS Phat or an NDS lite. I personally have had no issues with this, but be cautious.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Well I ended up emailing Acekard about it and they told me to send some pictures. So I took some of the card, 3DS, card in 3DS not being detected and a working Acekard (had a friend's that I was updating for them) running on it. They said fine, and asked for my mailing address. I should be getting a new one in the coming weeks. I'll try this flashing business though.

EDIT: Flashing it worked perfectly. Thanks for the AMAZING advice. Now playing Black 2 gives a FAT error but I think I know how to deal with it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
all acekard products have a 1 yr warranty from the date of purchase, so the fact that they offered to replace it is not all that funny.

we don't know why some roms and/or other issues are corrupting the bootloader. akaio's updates aren't as active as they once were, so for now the only real fix is to simply reflash the corrupted bootloader.

if this starts to happen on the 2.1 cards then we will have a small issue, however, it is still one that can be fixed....

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.