Acekard 2i MicroSD card corruption?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Silverskull, Aug 4, 2009.

Aug 4, 2009
  1. Silverskull
    OP

Newcomer Silverskull Newbie

United States
    Alright, so I have the Acekard 2i, and I have been forgetting to make a backup of my data for a while. Yesterday, I was trying to transfer some new software to it, but I found that when I plugged the MicroSD card into my computer, it randomly unmounted after a few seconds. This is on Ubuntu linux. If I tried to copy any files to or from the card while it was mounted, it would immediately unmount and give me an input/output error. (What a surprise, hmm? [​IMG] ) On Windows 7, the same thing happens, and additionally, the progress bar stays at 0 if I try to do a scan for file system errors when I plug it in.

Sounds like a corrupted card, right? Well, yeah, but my files are still there if I slot the card into my Acekard and load it on my DS. Which means the data's still there. So I really don't want to delete my data if there's any chance I could recover it.

While I'm on my DS, there appears to be nothing wrong. I can manage my data, delete files, copy files, etc. I'm considering buying a slot2 card to copy the files over, but that's really a last resort as it would take a while to get here and, obviously, cost money; I'd prefer a free solution if there is one available. (Plus then I'd have to copy the files one by one because the Acekard's firmware doesn't support copying folders.)

If anyone could help, it would be very much appreciated.

(Copy/pasted from my topic at Neowin, I figured more people would know about it here.)

2. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Sorry, but the solutions will cost you:

1.New Micro SD Card Reader.
    2.New Micro SD Card.
    3.Slot 2 Card.
    4.New Flashcart.

3. ts.salvador

Newcomer ts.salvador Member

Brazil
    Have you trying formatting the card with the Panasonic Formater? I know it's windows only but sometimes that appears to be the only thing it works, but you will loose your data :/

4. Whooosh

Member Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Ya. the panasonic formatter has fixed my micro sd a few times in the past.

You can download it from HERE if you dont have it already

5. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    He just said that it won't read his card so how do you format it if it can't detect?

6. Whooosh

Member Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    lol [​IMG] To be honest i didnt read half of the post.(got bored half way)

but i read ts.salvador's reply and i taught i might aswell provide a link.

7. ts.salvador

Newcomer ts.salvador Member

Brazil
    The device being not "mounted" on Linux doesn't mean you can't access it, in fact, in order to format a device you usually unmount it first. Nevertheless I presume that if types dmesg he might see some file system related error messages so all he has to do is go to a box with windows and try to format it there, unfortunately that's the only thing that seemed to work for me at least [​IMG]