Hacking Acekard 2i issues with DSi

jarocho4l1f3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi today i recieved my DSi and i tried the Ak2i but it didn't read it. I tried it with both AKAIO.1.4.1. PROPER and ak2 4.16 firmwares. I don't know what's wrong because i tried it with a NDSL before and it worked

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

(not both firmwares at the same time btw...)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
does it display in the firmware? if yes....
retest it on the ndsl, does it work? if yes....

duno. haha.

i'm assuming it's a connection issue between the ak2i and the dsi. this seems to be the most common problem. if it's working on the ndsl then it is probably a connection issue. you didn't express what happens, if it can be loaded or not. if it is and it is just freezing up at some point it might be something else. it's a bit hard to debug this with the tiny bit of information your provided.

-another world

jarocho4l1f3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't display on the DSi menu it just says "There is nothing inserted in the Games Card Slot."

(dont get what you said about showing up on the firmware...)

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am having troubles with my AK2i with a n/a dsi more specifically a canadian one I have tried many different AK firmwares with it but no luck,
the dsi is seeing that it is in there and it has the little splash icon but then when I go to boot it it gives me a message saying "an error has occurred.
press and hold the power button to turn the system off. see manual for trouble shooting."
has any one else run into this problem / have they fixed it too if so how...
Edit: I also forgot to mention that it is working fine on a DSL on all firmwares.

-nEmo

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
based on youtube videos Acekard 2i should work on both EU and US DSi s..and even if it doesn't work it could still detect the card is inserted

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the ak2i is confirmed to work on the NA, EU, AUS, and JP dsi's with the firmware upgrade. what i mean about the firmware is the dsi firmware. if it doesn't display the cart then its a connection issue.

-another world

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have it set to English, and I have also tried switching it to united states instead of canada and vise versa. I also have the newest firmware ( Ver 1.3U) and I also do see the AK icon in the menu, which is why this is so weird to me

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
if you don't see it in the ndsi firmare, its a connection issue. this is a very common problem with the ak2i.

-another world

I've read your other post Another World, that you said there were loads of problems with the Acekard2i right?
So, AK2i's warranty's covers upgrade from glitchy & bad build flashcart to new fully compatible Acekard?

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think you quite understand what I am saying, I know that the DSi Firmware is Ver 1.3U and the AceKard 2i firmware currently is 4.16 but I have also tried fw 4.15, fw 4.07a15 but I do also plan on testing the 4.07a14 and 4.07a13 EDIT: I have also tried akaio 1.4.1 to see if anything changes. I have also contacted AK themselves to see if they know anything about it.
And by your description it doesn't seem like a connection issue because the DSi IS showing the ak2 icon in dsi menu with the speech bubble saying acekard 2 www.acekard.com I will post a picture tomorrow of it.
it is only when I pick it to launch it gives me that error.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nemofunk said:
I dont think you quite understand what I am saying, I know that the DSi Firmware is Ver 1.3U and the AceKard 2i firmware currently is 4.16 but I have also tried fw 4.15, fw 4.07a15 but I do also plan on testing the 4.07a14 and 4.07a13 EDIT: I have also tried akaio 1.4.1 to see if anything changes. I have also contacted AK themselves to see if they know anything about it.
And by your description it doesn't seem like a connection issue because the DSi IS showing the ak2 icon in dsi menu with the speech bubble saying acekard 2 www.acekard.com I will post a picture tomorrow of it.
it is only when I pick it to launch it gives me that error.

might be a bad batch of Acekards

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There's another possiblity to this problem that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet

USA DSi Firmware update has blocked Acecard 2i (& possibly others like the DSTTi)

From what I've read so far is Japanese firmware end in 'J', Europe ends in 'E' & 'USA' ends in 'U' (e.g. 1.3J,1.3E,1.3U)
Although I know (from experience) that 1.3E firmware works with both DSTTi and Acekard 2i (I have both), could it be that USA firmware is blocking them ?? or perhaps JUST the Acekard

What we need to know is what firmware the (USA) DSi has installed.

If someone has a 1.2U (or whatever) & the Acekard works - then we find someone with a 1.3U & find it doesn't (making sure it's the same type of Flash card), then this does point towards firmware update blocking. It may be the update is also only blocking certain cards (perhaps just the Acekard)

What's really needed is a 'flashcard work/don'twork survey thread' so I've started one at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146321

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
kermitfrog said:
There's another possiblity to this problem that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet

USA DSi Firmware update has blocked Acecard 2i (& possibly others like the DSTTi)

From what I've read so far is Japanese firmware end in 'J', Europe ends in 'E' & 'USA' ends in 'U' (e.g. 1.3J,1.3E,1.3U)
Although I know (from experience) that 1.3E firmware works with both DSTTi and Acekard 2i (I have both), could it be that USA firmware is blocking them ?? or perhaps JUST the Acekard

What we need to know is what firmware the (USA) DSi has installed.

If someone has a 1.2U (or whatever) & the Acekard works - then we find someone with a 1.3U & find it doesn't (making sure it's the same type of Flash card), then this does point towards firmware update blocking. It may be the update is also only blocking certain cards (perhaps just the Acekard)

What's really needed is a 'flashcard work/don'twork survey thread' so I've started one at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146321
Not, it's not 1.3U update.
There are really one point that emerged now, nemofunk tried older versions of kernel, maybe it destroyed the bootloader code like Smiths or Normmatt samples of AK2i when they tested the alternate loader feature of AKAIO?

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would I know if the bootloader was damaged or not? and if it is damaged is there a way to restore or fix it, or am I screwed?
ohh and here are the pics of the dsi's menu and so on.
IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says acekard 2i right on the card itself. so I would think that it is infact ak2i card unless the reseller is changing the labels.
is there a sure fire way of knowing the difference (aside from the label).
Edit: nevermind I see now why it isnt working and I am contacting the reseller as we speak and Im demanding a new one.
ohh and lenselijer I don't appreciate people being jerks when someone is genuinely trying to figure something out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw