Acekard 2i has a spring mechanism?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Tachyon1986, Sep 8, 2009.

Sep 8, 2009
  1. Tachyon1986
    OP

Newcomer Tachyon1986 Advanced Member

India
    So, I bought this Acekard2i recently (replacing my R4). The first time I tried to push a MicroSD in , I felt some sort of resistance..almost as if a spring was there. In fact, I couldn't even insert the card in. I applied a little more pressure, and the card finally went in. Now, I can remove/insert the card easily (like the springless R4).

However, I'm curious. Did I accidentally break the spring (assuming the Acekard 2i has a spring) ? The Acekard 2i is working fine though.

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    my ak2i comes with the spring and i am having the same experience like you!
    however, it works to my favour now my ak2i can either be a spring loaded slot or i can just slot it in manually [​IMG]

3. DrkforPetal

Newcomer DrkforPetal Member

United States
    No, you did not break the spring the first time I tried putting my Micro SD in my Acekard2i it was the same. I personally do not use the spring though. [​IMG]

4. Tachyon1986
    OP

Newcomer Tachyon1986 Advanced Member

India
    Heh.. well, all's well that end's well I guess [​IMG] . I like it this way though , wish they'd remove the springs on all future builds.

5. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Acekards 2 usually come with a spring loaded slot, but you may also receive one with a regular slide in, which I prefer as well.