mariototherescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all
I'm new to all this so please bear with my dumb questions. I got the Acekard 2i for my kids. It has the AKAIO firmware 1.4.1 on them. The problem is game saving.
How is this accomplished. The games on the sd card read nds.sav, the setting in system options reads the same. But whenever my son starts a game he's previously saved it starts at the beginning. Very frustrating. Any help will be appreciated!

mariototherescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking in particular about Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. The funny thing is that it saves on my daughter's Acekard 2i but not my sons. Thanks for the help

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The new mario game has an anti-piracy lock on it so using 1.4.1 it won't work without a patch. So you should update to Akaio 1.5 which should fix the problem. I'm guessing the problem here is that your daughter has the patch/Akaio 1.5 while your son doesn't. Also remember to update the loaders for better compatability.

#Edit: Akaio sets default saves to .sav, go to teh system options to change to nds.sav

mariototherescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 1.5 and nothings changed. I dont know how my daughters can be patched since I set up both cards the same way. Maybe I should copy my daughters SD card onto a newly formatted sd card for my son@

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariototherescue said:
I updated to 1.5 and nothings changed. I dont know how my daughters can be patched since I set up both cards the same way. Maybe I should copy my daughters SD card onto a newly formatted sd card for my son@
Delete the __aio folder and the akmenu4.nds and download akaio 1.5 and extract it to the card. Now. Boot akaio. And go to start> system options> and scroll over twice using the arrows until you end up to File System Settings. set the save extension to .nds.save Now try it.

mariototherescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the good SD card in another AK2i and it worked fine. How can I just make a dup of this SD card for the other AK2i. I should mention that I'm on an iMac....thats probably my downfall all this stuff is pretty much PC based aint it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariototherescue said:
I just tried the good SD card in another AK2i and it worked fine. How can I just make a dup of this SD card for the other AK2i. I should mention that I'm on an iMac....thats probably my downfall all this stuff is pretty much PC based aint it
All you do is copy all files (including hidden ones) to a folder in your desktop. Now put your son's sd card into the computer and delete everything off of it. Now move the copy of the good microSD's files to your sons. Now I have a pc. So bear with me on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu